Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#93817 - 02/07/15 03:39 PM Re: Train passes, Dorado,...how to buy train tickets [Re: robbieroy]
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Thanks, robbieroy. I think the deal is they didn't open the window for the sales until the 7th of February. I'm buying tickets for May. It wasn't open yesterday evening, but this morning....ta da! So now I have all my train tickets taken care of, and all that's left are the bus tickets, which I've been assured I can buy when I get there. I got really terrific deals (IMHO) on all but one trip, but a small discount is better than none. My Spanish friends think I'm crazy buying in advance and going by train. They say it isn't worth the money. But I'd much rather spend the little time I have in Spain in a city instead of on a bus.

#93818 - 02/08/15 09:20 AM Re: Train passes, Dorado,...how to buy train tickets [Re: la maestra]
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Great news!
RR

#93821 - 02/08/15 02:59 PM Re: Train passes, Dorado,...how to buy train tickets [Re: robbieroy]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I just found out that the line from Cordoba to Granada will be closed for 6 months due to constructing the new AVE line over the old one. I know this doesn't affect La Maestra's plans, but it might be good for travelers to know that these things do pop up. For me, I will have to take a bus from Cordoba to Granada. Oh well. I'll still see the countryside while relaxing and letting someone else drive.

#93822 - 02/08/15 10:15 PM Re: Train passes, Dorado,...how to buy train tickets [Re: teachertraveler8]
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

teachertraveler8, they wouldn't have sold a ticket knowing the line would be closed, would they? I'm not going to Granada, so I don't think it affects me, but still...

#93823 - 02/09/15 06:21 AM Re: Train passes, Dorado,...how to buy train tickets [Re: la maestra]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
No, I don't believe they would have. When I look for my own itinerary, it states that the tickets are unavailable. I didn't mean to mention it to concern you, just to make others aware of the situation. Have a wonderful trip!

#93825 - 02/09/15 09:34 AM Re: Train passes, Dorado,...how to buy train tickets [Re: teachertraveler8]
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Lol! At this point, EVERYTHING concerns me! I want very much for my husband to love Spain the way I do, so I want all the connections to work out as planned so he can see as much as possible. We are always at the mercy of strikes, traffic, and whatever else may come our way!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Irene
Who's Online
0 registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments