Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#93734 - 01/03/15 09:35 PM Rome ideas
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
hi friends, just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for restaurants and cafes in Rome? I am traveling to Rome later this month and would love to have a few names of places. thanks!

#93735 - 01/04/15 06:39 AM Re: Rome ideas [Re: esperanza]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
I go there often but most on business maybe too high a price list, however,did go with the family last summer and you can have many nice meals if go away from the coliseum area (forio imperiale), overtly touristic.

for the famous italian gelato without breaking your bank go out to Il Gelato di Procopio, Via XXI Aprile 23, right by piazza Bologna with metro and bus, from there you can take bus 62 anywhere in rome and takes you to the Vatican.

Gran Cafe Cavour, Via Cavour, 290 right behind the castel san angelo near the vatican the bridge takes you to it and back into city center Rome with plenty of shopping and resto area.

L'Archetto,Via dell'Archetto 26, right near the trevi fountain (now Under renovation with scaffolds) but its a great spaghetti place

and this is a chain, very nice place right in the middle of Rome shopping near Alberto Sordi shopping mall
Rustichelli & Mangione, via tomacelli,14

Rome is vibrant, lotd of emphasis on foot and walking, only a bit too old buildings ::)

hope it helps your planning

#93736 - 01/04/15 06:40 AM Re: Rome ideas [Re: pedmar]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
ah since you live in NYC the pizzas won't taste the same ::) I know used to lived over in NJ. lol!!!

#93739 - 01/04/15 05:24 PM Re: Rome ideas [Re: pedmar]
chivasusa Offline

Sandra Gustafson's book Great Eats Italy covers Rome. She goes to these places incognito. I've had great success with her travel books. She also covers hotels and shopping in the companion book Great Sleeps Italy. You can match hotels with nearby eateries. Most places I eat in Madrid I got from her recommendations. I went to Paris for 2 weeks without her book and within a day I sought it out and luckily found it there. Lots of places to choose from in these destinations many of then not good.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
embar31, guijuenongxiang
Who's Online
0 registered (), 288 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments