Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#93617 - 10/13/14 05:40 PM Advice needed!
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
This summer we are planning a trip to Spain, but possibly with a side visit to another country. Where should we go? I would like to visit Portugal because I've heard it's affordable and there's a nice coast. Plus, it's part of the Iberian Peninsula. The other possibility is France. It's closer to where we will likely end up. (Northern Spain) Any thoughts on which might be better? I know I should branch out, but if it were up to me, I'd spend the whole time in Spain. We are open to using rental cars, trains or flights within Europe. Thanks !

#93619 - 10/14/14 12:37 PM Re: Advice needed! [Re: teachertraveler8]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.

Edited by Rodolfo (10/14/14 12:37 PM)

#93620 - 10/14/14 01:27 PM Re: Advice needed! [Re: Rodolfo]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well in Europe been everywhere, and you have a good heart feeling there.
Portugal is sublime, not only been there but my oldest's godfather is from Faro in Algarve nice area similar to costa del sol in Spain.
You should go up around Lisbon, Cascais, Sintra, and up to Porto should give you a great feeling of the country. Yes its very affordable and many link history with Spain.

Then, what can I say of where I live as French ;too long only this. World Tourist Org of the UN keeps track since 1949 France is No 1, last 2013 ,84,7 million visitors. Enough said.

Cheers

#93622 - 10/19/14 11:40 AM Re: Advice needed! [Re: pedmar]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Lucky you! I would definitely go to Portugal. We have been to Lisboa and thearea around there. When we were in Galicia, we explored the land north near Tui.
We also took a road trip to the border towns near Extremadura and everywhere we went was wonderful! The Portuguese are wonderful people and the country reminds me of Spain 20 years ago.
If you looking for other areas of Spain, try the lesser known region of Extremadura...Merida, Caceres, the small towns abound. Rustic, yummy, fewer tourist, and great Roman ruins.

#93629 - 10/21/14 06:54 PM Re: Advice needed! [Re: laduque]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.

Edited by Puna (10/21/14 06:55 PM)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
embar31, guijuenongxiang
Who's Online
0 registered (), 288 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments