#93336 - 07/06/14 09:39 AM Laundry on the Road
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI

#93338 - 07/06/14 10:30 AM Re: Laundry on the Road [Re: admiral44]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Having been faced with that particular headache too many times, a quick search turned up the following:

Yes, Colada Express is a franchise and they are all over Spain!!

Locations here:
http://www.coladaexpres.com/cerca.php

#93340 - 07/06/14 03:54 PM Re: Laundry on the Road [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
yes indeed more and more I have seen thoser around,there used to be a time they were none ::) now they are many.
time to do the dirty part ::)

#93525 - 09/12/14 09:46 AM Re: Laundry on the Road [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
If in Madrid it's easy and fun ! I stayed for a total of about 8 weeks in hostales that , of course , didn't offer laundry services but there are plenty of of small , what we call in the UK , Laundrettes in Madrid . They are everywhere ! And it costs just a few Euros . I loved it because you go there and meet so many people .... You can , of course , just leave for the half an hour or so that the wash lasts and return to put your laundry into the dryer . And the one I used to use in Huertas offered an ironing servicing at very little charge . The little independant Lavaderias are excellent and a real experience smile Totally recommend them smile

#93537 - 09/15/14 01:59 PM Re: Laundry on the Road [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Admiral, et.al, glad you found and liked the Colada Expres chain of laundromats in Santiago de Compostela.

As Puna mentions above, this is a chain of laundromats spreading far and wide and even I've used them for big items like comforters or heavy blankets. The outfit has big washers and big dryers and is pretty affordable, too. They're mostly in the big cities, however.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#95541 - 09/10/17 01:05 PM Re: Laundry on the Road [Re: admiral44]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
During this trip, so far I have used EcoLaundry in Oviedo. They have a very similar set up to the one at Colorado Express. The washing machines are great. The dispense detergent and softener automatically so you don't have to buy these things. The wash is good and the dry quick without baking your clothing. Will be looking for them as this trip continues. I only travel with carry on luggage, do not check any bags, so need to wash clothes several times during a long trip.

Saludos,

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
CandianInSpain, b_zzzt, mariahbay, JaneJ, traveljournal50
7744 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
1 registered (robbieroy), 591 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

[greatMadridHotels.com]
[greatBarcelonaHotels.com]
Discounts on Madrid Hotels, Barcelona Hotels & Throughout Spain!

Other Martin Media Websites: GreatMadridHotels.com Hoteles-en-Madrid.com GreatBarcelonaHotels.com Hoteles-Barcelona.eu GreatSevilleHotels.com Hoteles-en-Sevilla.com GreatSpainHotels.com Avila Hotels Burgos Hotels Chipiona Hotels Cuenca Hotels Granada Hotels Huesca Hotels Jerez Hotels Oviedo Hotels Pamplona Hotels Ronda Hotels San Sebastian Hotels Santander Hotels Santiago De Compostela Hotels Segovia Hotels Valladolid Hotels Vitoria Hotels Zaragoza Hotels Spain Hostels Hostales BarcelonaMan.com BilbaoMan.com CadizMan.com CordobaMan.com GranadaMan.com MadridMan.com SantanderMan.com SantiagoMan.com SegoviaMan.com SevilleMan.com ToledoMan.com ValenciaMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Paseo del Prado El Faro de Moncloa Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments