Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#93471 - 08/31/14 08:05 AM Santiago: Hotel Monumento San Francisco
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Hotel Monumento San Francisco is located about five minutes walking from the Cathedral. This is a large hotel with all the amenities. Our room was on the top floor, kind of built into the roof, so while we had a skylight, we did not have windows with a view. No worries. Wasn't planning on lingering in the room anyway. The bathroom was huge, again with all the facilities and a nice set of toiletries. The breakfast buffet was worth the money, service cheerful and helpful in every way. On-site parking is also available. And after walking all day, it was a nice touch to take a dip in the indoor poor with the adjacent hot tub. A great stay for three nights here while exploring Santiago.

#93472 - 08/31/14 09:20 AM Re: Santiago: Hotel Monumento San Francisco [Re: admiral44]
Crisco Offline

I attended a conference in this hotel,checked out the rates and I was shocked-totally overpriced and you had no view! There are so many nicer options/more reasonable hotels in Santiago.At that price you can stay at the parador next to the cathedral.
Over the years I have had the good fortune to stay there seven times.My dream would be to actually live there!

#93476 - 08/31/14 03:39 PM Re: Santiago: Hotel Monumento San Francisco [Re: Crisco]
chivasusa Offline

I stayed 2 nights at the parador. Its the best hotel I've ever stayed in. I walked up without a reservation and paid 100 euros per night, it was November low season. I walked in on a whim, I wouldn't have been surprised if they had kicked me out. I had expected to be quoted 400 euros per night. There are many low-priced rooms available in some of the family run bars very close to the Cathedral.

#93479 - 09/01/14 07:40 AM Re: Santiago: Hotel Monumento San Francisco [Re: chivasusa]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Hmmm... well... I guess I made a huge mistake.

#93480 - 09/01/14 04:20 PM Re: Santiago: Hotel Monumento San Francisco [Re: admiral44]
chivasusa Offline

It wasn't a mistake, if you enjoyed it. When I saw the low priced rooms after I stayed in the parador I paused knowing I could have saved 150 euros, but its a good memory.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
JUAN CARLOS66, kendra3713
Who's Online
0 registered (), 202 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments