Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9334 - 01/30/08 09:05 PM Sevilla: Hotel Possibilities?
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
This older guy is going to spend three weeks during April in Spain with his 21 year old great nephew. Our passage will include three days and nights in Sevilla. I've been considering three reasonably-priced hotel possibilities there and wondered if any of my fellow MadridMan members might have had experience staying at any one of them. These hotels are:

- Hostal Arias
-Hoteleria Lína
-Hotel Atenas

Thanks for any insights you might be able to offer.

#9335 - 01/31/08 12:16 AM Re: Sevilla: Hotel Possibilities?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi arthurg!

Hoteleria Lína and Hotel Atenas, do these two have websites by chance? I'm not familiar with them. Might you be referring to the Hostal Atenas ?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9336 - 02/01/08 11:45 AM Re: Sevilla: Hotel Possibilities?
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
You're right, MadridMan---I was referring to Hostal Atenas.
The websites for these three hotels are as follows:
www.hostalarias.com
www.hlina.com
www.hostal-atenas.com
All these hotels seem fairly decent from their pictures on the internet. The first two are recommended in the Moon Guidebook for Spain. I am leaning toward the Hostal Arias because they quoted a double rate of 59 Euros per night for a room with two beds for my great-nephew Robin and I.
Thanks again.

#9337 - 02/02/08 02:04 PM Re: Sevilla: Hotel Possibilities?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I stayed at the Hosteria Dona Lina during Semana Santa in 2004. I would never stay there again - it was a pit. frown No exterior window in the room, very small room and questionably clean. I'm generally not a super picky person - as long as the room is clean I can live with a small room/old decor, etc....

That said, the restaurant is very good.

This place is deep in the heart of the Santa Cruz quarter. I personally prefer to stay outside of this area as it is very touristy. I prefer El Centro or El Arenal. I'm not sure about your other 2 choices.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments