Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#93313 - 06/25/14 06:29 AM ┴balos: Hotel Villa de ┴balos
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
This was the second time we spent a night at Hotel Villa de ┴balos, the last time being four years ago. There have only been a few changes, and all for the better. Rooms are spotlessly clean and well organized. Spacious bathrooms have all the conveniences. The common areas upstairs and on the ground level are a good spot to catch up with traveling companions or check you email on the free WIFI. The owner is a friendly guy who makes his own wine, which sadly is not available in the USA. He has installed a small bar in the front reception area where you can have wine and a few tapas from the kitchen. Locals stop in here, too, and we enjoyed chatting with a bunch of older gents that night. Lots of fun with them. ┴balos is a small village and we opted to eat supper at the hotel. A fantastic meal in every way, truly homemade food. Breakfast was similar. If you're exploring La Rioja and want a quiet base to rest every night, this is a good choice.

#93314 - 06/25/14 01:00 PM Re: ┴balos: Hotel Villa de ┴balos [Re: admiral44]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Your review sent me scurrying to Google. Hotel Villa de ┴balos sounds super!

http://www.hotelvilladeabalos.com/inicio/index.php?acc=home&idc=1&ln=1

#93315 - 06/25/14 04:14 PM Re: ┴balos: Hotel Villa de ┴balos [Re: Puna]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Puna,

It really is a great place to stay. The owner is on site and a guy who cares about how his place operates. Friendly and cheerful. Plus the home-cooked meals are delicious and authentic. Abalos is a village, however, so a car is necessary. But if exploring La Rioja or even as far as Bilbao, it works well.

I wish I could buy his wine in the USA. The white is a favorite of mine. He jokes that he named his two boys "Tinto" and "Blanco."

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
JUAN CARLOS66, kendra3713
Who's Online
0 registered (), 202 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments