MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#93909 - 03/30/15 09:21 AM Re: Back to Mijas and Fuengirola [Re: Arturo]
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Thanks Arturo - I forgot I had it. I have one or two more which I will post at some point in the near future.
Best wishes for your forthcoming trip to Fuengirola, the weather has been very warm down there recently. I think you will notice a change in Mijas - it appears a lot "cleaner" with a lot of reformaniones having taken place. There are now lots of colourful pot plants on the wall and much of the overhead cabling has now been put underground.

#93910 - 03/30/15 10:09 AM Re: Back to Mijas and Fuengirola [Re: robbieroy]
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
Yes, my friends have told me it has been quite warm. It looks like good weather for Semana Santa. That is good since everyone looks forward to the processions.

I have walked up the street to the Plaza de Toros many times and I have many photos of the street with the Mariposa sign. Also like the Chapel Virgen de La Peña and the views along the coast.

I have been enjoying your photos of Scotland. It is nice to have time to travel. I just retired last month after 47 years with the same company.

Do you plan on returning to Spain soon? I probably will go back again at the end of the year. Maybe we will meet again in Spain.

#93911 - 03/31/15 07:11 AM Re: Back to Mijas and Fuengirola [Re: Arturo]
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Yes, I miss the passion of Semana Santa in the south - it was always good to take in some of the processions, even the smaller ones of Fuengirola and Mijas.
Good to hear that you are enjoying the photo-tour of the North East of Scotland ( http://www.madridman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=93765&page=1 ). I have great times exploring there either on my own or with friends. I have lived here most of my life yet there is so much to see.
My last visit down to Mijas and Fungirola was in June 2014 and then I was visiting Spanish friends in Galicia in September ( http://www.madridman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=93491#Post93491

I have no immediate plans to head down south to Andalucia Arturo, but tentative plans are being made for Galicia in September. I agree, it would be good to meet up in Spain for a beer and tapas sometime.

It was food to hear that you (finally) retired from work, enjoy!

In the meantime, here is a photo-video of Semana Santa in Malaga from 2006...

#94123 - 06/28/15 04:49 AM Re: Back to Mijas and Fuengirola [Re: robbieroy]
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

With current heatwave in Spain, the Fuengirola Webcam is showing 35 deg C at around 10 am!

I think the beach will be busy this afternoon!
RR

#94145 - 07/06/15 03:07 AM Re: Back to Mijas and Fuengirola [Re: robbieroy]
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

The events that take place at this time of year always remind me of being with dear friends in Fuengirola/Mijas and the Campo de Tenis Lew Hoad.

I am especially thinking of the sporting events (I use that term loosely with respect to one of them!)...

- Wimbledon
- Tour de France
- The fireworks at the start of the Festival of St Fermin
- Bull running in Pamploma see http://www.madridman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=94144#Post94144

All these have their special sets of circumstances and memories...

St Fermin
The fireworks to mark the beginning of St Fermin... being at the tennis club in the morning and hearing the woooshhhh, BANG of the rockets from the restaurant Casa Navarra

Bull running Pamploma
Watching this live at 8.00 am each morning on La 1 ... always fascinating yet incomprehensible.

Wimbledon
Settling down in the early afternoon after some tennis and lunch to watch the professionals slug it out on court.

Tour de Framce
During the week after Wimbledon, watching the daily stages and then rushing to get changed for tennis and heading off to the courts for some practice.

Times change and we have to move on but these memories will always be with me at this time of year.

RR

#94158 - 07/10/15 06:26 AM Re: Back to Mijas and Fuengirola [Re: robbieroy]
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

It was 21 years ago in July 1994 that the great Lew Hoad died. As many of you know I have spent a great deal of time at the Campo de Tenis Lew Hoad over the years. In fat, the first time I went there was in 1991.
As a small tribute to Lew, here are some of the pictures of him that are displayed in the bar at the Campo de Tenis...

#94160 - 07/11/15 03:48 PM Re: Back to Mijas and Fuengirola [Re: robbieroy]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
memories are always nice; it helps the soul.
cheers

#94186 - 07/25/15 02:47 AM Re: Back to Mijas and Fuengirola [Re: robbieroy]
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

As the heatwave returns to Spain this week, it is a whopping 32 deg C (that's 89 deg F) at 8.45 in the morning!
Here is a still from the Fuengirola Webcam...

#94331 - 11/02/15 02:45 AM Re: Back to Mijas and Fuengirola [Re: robbieroy]
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

For those on Facebook, here is a link to a video of the recent coastal storm affecting the Paseo Maritimo in Fuengirola
https://www.facebook.com/paco.tejon1/videos/1072844826061122/

RR

#94333 - 11/02/15 01:37 PM Re: Back to Mijas and Fuengirola [Re: robbieroy]
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I just returned home from a Fuengirola last week. I had perfect weather for four weeks. The last few days have not been so nice. A very bad temporal with waves of six meters. Many chiringuitos were inundated. The forecast looks better for tomorrow.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 210 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments