MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#89195 - 03/04/11 12:18 PM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: Crisco]
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I am familiar with Sampere as I had studied there when I came to Spain with a high school trip. I can second Crisco´s post in that it is a very good school and also well-respected (they have branches in Latin America as well).

For those of you who are interested in going into translating as a profession, they have an intersting course for translators.

smile

#91908 - 01/22/13 11:24 AM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: colenot]
Billy W. Offline

Loc: New York
I did an intensive course of 6 weeks at AIL Madrid last october. I must say I learnt way more in those 6 weeks than in the 4 years that I studied Spanish in high school. grin All the teachers are native Spanish speakers and they communicate with you only in Spanish from the very beginnig. This helps, as you will not have the temptation to switch into English when things get difficult. wink

My teacher was Susana and she was really nice and encouraging about using the language - hands down the best Spanish teacher I've ever had. Also the administrational staff is very friendly and easily approachable. Lara was in contact me from the beginning until my arrival and helped me to plan and organize the course. She and the office team were there throughout my stay to help me with all the questions I came up with whether it was course-related or about finding the best Spanish restaurant nearby.

The groups are small so it's easy to get to know the other people. I made some great friends there and am still in contact with them. The other students come from all over the world, in my group we had people from the U.S., Russia, Sweden and China.

Originally Posted By colenot
Thanks for the info on here! I need to study up on some Spanish as it's been hard doing it on my own.

I saw this ad the other day-

Quote:
Learn Spanish after work. Classes twice per week. Native teachers. Small groups (max. 8-9 students). School located in central Madrid. Prices: 95€ / 4 weeks; 250€ / 12 weeks. Enrolment 30€ including course text book.
For more information:
- visit http://www.ailmadrid.com/spanish-courses/evening_course

Does anyone know anything about them? Opinions? Is that fair pricing?

My room mate was doing the evening courses and she really liked it. I guess they have more or less the same teachers during the evenings and mornings, so I can guarantee you that the teaching is very good on the evening courses as well. smile

#91964 - 02/15/13 10:46 AM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: Billy W.]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I studied at Canterbury ( now they are in Gran Vía ) , but before in Chueca ... They were OK ... Thanks for the info , Billy on AIL , they sound interesting and yet I never heard of them in my years in Madrid . Will check them out ... maybe they'll give me an opportunity to go back to Madrid : )

#92847 - 01/22/14 04:34 AM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: madridmadridmadrid]
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
I used Inhispania several years ago and foud it very good. It is just off Sol.
http://www.inhispania.com/index.php
I put up a couple of topics on this:

http://www.madridman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=45052&page=1

http://www.madridman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=45302&page=1

If you search the forum for inhispania, then you will find more information

Hope this helps
RR

Edited by robbieroy (01/22/14 04:42 AM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 199 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments