MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#92833 - 01/18/14 03:02 PM 2014: Flat-Rate TAXI fare to/from Madrid Airport
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
NEWS: 30 EURO FLAT-RATE TAXI FARE in Madrid started January 7th, 2014 to/from Madrid Barajas Airport!

The new 30 Euro taxi fare flat-rate applies to/from all locations within Madrid's M-30 highway ring from/to Madrid Barajas Airport, all terminals. No supplement charges for baggage.

I think this is GOOD news as it'll remove the taxi-fare guess-work and understandable apprehension from first-time visitors to Madrid from/to the airport as well as potentially save passengers money.

Taxi drivers around the world, not just in Spain, have a certain "mala fama" (bad reputation) for taking advantage or running up the fares on passengers. How many times have I been asked by a professional taxi driver at Madrid Barajas airport, "Which way would you like to go there?" How the HECK am I supposed to know the answer to this question if I'm a visitor? Sometimes I'd been taken around the northern end of the M-30, other times around the southern end, and still other times right through downtown. Not until I moved to Madrid was I knowledgeable and comfortable enough to tell the driver which way I'd like to get to my destination, where to take the exits, and so on.

If they try to charge you more than the 30 Euros (location to/from within the M-30, demand the driver for a receipt. "Dame un recibo, por favor, y una hoja de reclamaciones." - "Give me a receipt, please, and a complaint form." Chances are, they won't want to give them to you. And if they don't want to, they're cheating you and you should tell them you're calling the police.

By the way, pick-ups and drop-offs outside of the M-30 will be charged a minimum of 20 Euros.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#92834 - 01/18/14 04:46 PM Re: 2014: Flat-Rate TAXI fare to/from Madrid Airport [Re: MadridMan]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Good news, indeed!

#92836 - 01/18/14 05:33 PM Re: 2014: Flat-Rate TAXI fare to/from Madrid Airport [Re: Puna]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Yep but where I lived in Madrid , right on the M30 border, ... I normally payed €25 with a tip !! I do agree that it takes out a lot of stress for a foreign traveller . They do that in NYC as I remember and I was very relieved when I took a taxi from the airport to Ocean Drive in Miami with a fixed fare as I didn't know the city at all !

#92837 - 01/18/14 06:27 PM Re: 2014: Flat-Rate TAXI fare to/from Madrid Airport [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yes, steve robinson, so true what you say. Those whom live/stay JUST inside the M-30 will likely pay a bit more than normal.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#92841 - 01/20/14 04:57 AM Re: 2014: Flat-Rate TAXI fare to/from Madrid Airport [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
its about time, many cities are getting on this flat rate thingy to help tourists. Very confusing those taxi rates, per km, luggage, night,and day, number of persons ,who can figure all that when you just land in a city not used to.
i am sure it will raise the reputation of madrid taximan...
lol!!!

#92842 - 01/20/14 05:00 AM Re: 2014: Flat-Rate TAXI fare to/from Madrid Airport [Re: pedmar]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

M30 is nice the old Madrid beltway or what should be call city of Madrid. Too bad most tourist maps stop at Retiro lol!!! some show the Monumental bullring, and few goes as far as the M30

I used to lived after it on Alcala metro Quintana lol!!! but never took taxis....

#92843 - 01/20/14 07:32 AM Re: 2014: Flat-Rate TAXI fare to/from Madrid Airport [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Yes Pedmar ... I could never buy a tourist map because my area of Fuente del Berro was cut out frown .... I eventually bought a street map book to put in my backpack smile : And .Pedmar , you're right it IS confusing . I remember getting a taxi from Atocha station back to my apartment in Salamanca ( I had some heavy bags ) but I didn't realise that the taxis would charge me a supplement for picking up from the railway station !! Now I know to go out of the station and onto somewhere like Calle de la Ciudad de Barcelona to hail a ( cheaper ) cab smile

#92844 - 01/20/14 01:18 PM Re: 2014: Flat-Rate TAXI fare to/from Madrid Airport [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

jejeje yes know where that is Fuente del Berro ho ho ho

that is why on taxis when I go to a city on business, I ask the locals what is the customary charge so I am covered. I did that in Bucharest,last time and it works!!!

#92921 - 02/19/14 02:27 PM Re: 2014: Flat-Rate TAXI fare to/from Madrid Airport [Re: pedmar]
blueterrier Offline

This is great news, we've spoken to people who have been charged 40 - 50 Euro before now and paid up without realising something was amiss, well done the mayor smile

#92922 - 02/20/14 04:18 AM Re: 2014: Flat-Rate TAXI fare to/from Madrid Airport [Re: blueterrier]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

yes I try it end January for 30 euros flat rate from T4 to Dr Esquerdo by Sans de Baranda metro. great ride and at least you know the price before hand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
manofcows, RAFAEL EDUARDO
Who's Online
0 registered (), 548 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments