Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9270 - 10/02/07 05:16 PM ArtHostal- Barcelona
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Having just spent 4 nights at the Arthostal , I thought I'd better write my review.
On arrival at Arc de Triomf I made a quick call to Sacha and as arranged she met us within a few minutes
On the way to the Hostal Sacha pointed out Cafes, bars and Squares with restaurants and gave us lots of local info.
The hostal is just a couple of mins walk from the metro, 5 mins from Picasso museum and 10 mins from the Cathedral .
Downstairs there is a fully equpped kitchen with full size cooker, fridge/freezer washing machine and dishwasher etc
Our room was quite small- though the bed was about 6 feet wide !! -and very comfortable.
Yes the bathroom was miniscule, but I'm not going to knock anyone who tries to make the most of the space and fits an ensuite(more a wet room) in a bedroom.
The door to our room was a frosted glass patio door type and seemed perfectly secure. My issue with the room would be that the blinds do not seem adequte for total privacy- this though was easily solved by hanging a sarong over the blind.
We've stayed in Barcelona several times but this area of St Pere is the best,its charming, with narrow tree lined streets and plenty of pavement cafes- its a real up and coming area, with not to many tourists. We felt totally safe both day and night- much more so than in previous visits when we've stayed nearer the Ramblas.
For 55 euros a night it offered good value. And yes I would stay again.
() / ()

#9271 - 10/03/07 02:14 AM Re: ArtHostal- Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
FANTASTIC, detailed review, Jan D! Thanks so much! If only I could get bonus points for such reviews, you would certainly get some. thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments