Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#91775 - 12/13/12 03:35 PM lodging near barcelona
eagle60 Offline

Loc: outside of phila. pa
if i fly into Barcelona with the express purpose of visiting Montserrat can anyone recommend a hotel not in Barcelona but convenient to montserrat alo is car rental as easy as Barajas seemed to me -after Montserrat we are headed towards Burgos/santander- any can't miss small towns? thank you

#91778 - 12/14/12 10:03 AM Re: lodging near barcelona [Re: eagle60]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
can't personally recommend a hotel nearby, but the car rental from prats is as easy as barajas. Burgos/Santander are nice town, now depends what you want to see, Leon is nice too and San Sebastian.
cheers

#91784 - 12/14/12 03:20 PM Re: lodging near barcelona [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
The 3-star Hotel Abat Cisneros AT (next to) the monastery!!

Quote:
The hotel’s location at the heart of the sanctuary, near the basilica, assures visitors an unforgettable stay here, in a peaceful, pleasant atmosphere, enjoying magnificent views of the mountain and the Llobregat Valley.

Quote:
The building that now houses the Hotel Abat Cisneros has provided accommodation for pilgrims since its original construction in 1563.
The conversion of this old monastery building into a hostel in the late-1950s effectively turned it into an establishment of outstanding interest. Later reforms, carried out in the year 2000, modernised the facilities, ensuring that services the Hotel Abat Cisneros provides its guests meet the highest standards as regards quality and comfort.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#91785 - 12/15/12 04:56 PM Re: lodging near barcelona [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
MMM.... It´s a beautiful place but I wouldn't say that Montserrat is extraordinary . I went there maybe 5 years before settling in Madrid and it's most definitely worth a visit . Beware however about getting back down from the mountain ( if not staying at MM´s recommendation ) .. The train service stops at mid-evening after which you'll have a LONG walk down the mountain road . I got caught up there with a friend who was living in Barcelona and a huge storm lashed the Mountain . Luckily a car came down and gave us a ride ! Just something to bear in mind . Apparently the monastery choir sings beautifully .

#92081 - 04/19/13 05:59 AM Re: lodging near barcelona [Re: steve robinson]
Harriet Offline

To help anyone else looking for accommodation in Barcelona. If you have the money then it may be well worth staying in W Hotel Barcelona.

When my parents visited me in Barcelona they stayed in Vinci Mar hotel. They said that the hotel itself is brilliant, but the area wasn't the best because it's not so central. There's a rooftop pool, which was a must for them. The best area to stay in is probably Eixample.

Then there are apartments in Barcelona. I won't place a link because that's probably against the rules here and I don't want to get banned. But you can find them by following the link in my signature and going to the Barcelona site.

I hope that helps!

Edited by MadridMan (04/21/13 02:01 PM)
Edit Reason: to embed hotel link.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
zurra, Computist, ChrisJL3471, bong leal70, traveler2020
7775 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
secessionman
Who's Online
0 registered (), 660 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments