Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#92009 - 03/05/13 06:09 PM Ruido en Madrid - Loud Noises in Madrid Skies
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
These are some "Tweets" (or "Tuits", in Spanish) from some Spaniards about tonight's "Loud, low, constant, noises in the Madrid sky" at about 8:45pm tonight, 5 March 2013.

I heard it twice and it definitely made me nervous. It sounded like 5 huge transport planes were flying over, side-by-side, and pausing about 30-seconds overhead before SLOWLY fading away. This happened twice. The second time came about 10 minutes after the first one. I couldn't see any lights as it is mostly cloudy, but couldn't see anything between the breaks in the clouds, either. Creepy!!

Accordoing to this thread (in Spanish), they were F-18 fighter jets overhead, "En Alcorcon tambien se ha oido, eran los F-18 de Torrejón que han pasado." Other posters throughout Spain, like in Valencia, Bilbao, and Barcelona had all heard it, too.

RIGHT-CLICK on the image at right to "View Image" in larger size.

Quote:

Luis asks, "Has anyone heard that strong and unusual noise in the Madrid sky?"

Manuel asks, "Can someone explain to me why it sounds like downtown Madrid is being invaded by 100 Martian ships?"

Lua says, "God, it was a super strong noise. At least I know I'm not crazy as more people have heard it in different parts of Madrid."

Marta asks, "Has anyone else in Madrid heard this noise like an airplane, but super strong? Everyone was looking out the windows. Has anyone seen anything?"

Downright creepy!! In fact, it sounded a lot like that which is in the video below, but our noise in Madrid seemed to be fuller in base, lower, and only lasted about 30-seconds before slowly, very slowly, fading away: Saludos, MadridMan

When in reality, IT SEEMS, it was/they were this: F-18(s) fighter jets (video from 2007). Yeah, that sounds about right:

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#92010 - 03/06/13 07:18 AM Re: Ruido en Madrid - Loud Noises in Madrid Skies [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
There's another long thread (in Spanish) about this EXACT occurrence from February 2011, heard all over Spain, too, with a noise in the sky that never seemed to move on.

One person wrote:
Quote:
SPANISH: "Yo por Alcalá y el ruido ha durado bastante , era un avión y no es la primera vez que lo oigo. Los días de lluvia es cuando más me fijo en el ruido que hace, por que parece que no avanza el avión."

ENGLISH: "I'm in Alcalá de Henares and the noise lasted a long time, it was a plane and not the first time I've heard it. It's on rainy days when I noitice the noise more because it seems like an airplane which never moves on."

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#92012 - 03/06/13 02:44 PM Re: Ruido en Madrid - Loud Noises in Madrid Skies [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
yes there was always noise in madrid and even more with the F4 of old and F104 from torrejon de ardoz.

#92586 - 10/08/13 06:30 AM Re: Ruido en Madrid - Loud Noises in Madrid Skies [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
The RAF here in the UK used to fly Tornados and they are noisy ... I love watching and hearing military aircraft . I remember you could buy a sticker ( decal ) at airshows that said ' Tornado - the sound of freedom' .

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Irene
Who's Online
0 registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments