Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90782 - 04/04/12 02:11 PM Madrid: Best hostel near Complutense?
steffiela Offline

Loc: Southeast Louisiana
Hi everyone, this is my first post here, but lurk pretty regularly. I will be traveling to Madrid in July 2013 for a month long study abroad program at the Complutense University. I am going alone, and need a recommendation for a nice hostel/pension with wifi, private bathroom and affordable rates. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Edited by MadridMan (04/04/12 08:43 PM)
Edit Reason: to include city name in subject line

#90783 - 04/04/12 03:37 PM Re: Madrid: Best hostel near Complutense? [Re: steffiela]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Have you checked out some of the sights for flat rentals? Most of them have monthly rentals, too. Some of them are: airbnb, homestay.com, homeaway.com, niumba.com (I think that's right for the last one) The monthly rentals are usually less expensive than the weekly ones.

#90784 - 04/04/12 03:51 PM Re: Madrid: Best hostel near Complutense? [Re: teachertraveler8]
steffiela Offline

Loc: Southeast Louisiana
Thanks for the tip! I wasn't sure how the apartment rental rates were, I only need a one bedroom/studio, so I thought hostels were the only affordable option. Will check into it.

#90787 - 04/05/12 10:42 AM Re: Madrid: Best hostel near Complutense? [Re: steffiela]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
the university should at least direct you to some sites to look at. if not loquo has ads in Spanish.
http://madrid.loquo.com/es_es

its where the locals look too.
hope it helps

#92005 - 02/28/13 02:42 AM Re: Madrid: Best hostel near Complutense? [Re: steffiela]
Willy The Kid Offline

Hey Steffiela!
You can try a student residence, there are plenty near the Complutense. You can have your private bathroom and all facilities and food. I know personnaly one in Argüelles district, rosales student residence, and it is a good price/quality place.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Amleth, bradpitt, kateyp
Who's Online
0 registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments