Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#91958 - 02/14/13 08:40 AM La Selección Española ( Spanish football )
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .

#91970 - 02/16/13 11:47 AM Re: La Selección Española ( Spanish football ) [Re: steve robinson]
chivasusa Offline

USA is ranked 32 probably too high as their are some South American ranked below them. Bolivia, Venezuela and Paraguay and all are better sides. Our soccer season starts March 2nd [MLS] I'm excited even though my team CHIVAS USA which is based in Los Angeles is perhaps the worst in the league. They've been last 3 years running. Every season we think they will improve. Probably not.

#91972 - 02/17/13 05:45 PM Re: La Selección Española ( Spanish football ) [Re: chivasusa]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
USA are producing great soccer players .. some of which are playing in the English league ... I was amazed the last time I was in NYC that I could here young kids talking about playing 'soccer' ... That's great ! And the flip-side is that we here in the UK ( and in Spain ) are still trying to advance American style football within schools and colleges .

#91978 - 02/19/13 04:50 AM Re: La Selección Española ( Spanish football ) [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
yes 32 is too high,and I was at the grass root level there with the old NASL having 77K fans in Giant Stadium to see Pele , Beckenbaeur, Carlos Alberto, Johann Neskeens ,Giorgio Chinaglia, etc play soccer lol!!!

then came the MSL, a lot less...more steady and more efficient league perhaps but much lower playing level. The USA players that do good need to go to Europe even in 4th division clubs to improve their level of play. I would have done it if it weren't for Rodney Marsh and George Best at the Tampa Bay Rowdies team in Florida....played sparring against them and on the B team lol! Great times thus.

Spain now is in another world, took them long years but now I think will be at the top for many more too. La Roja is tops!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
Gypsy, CandianInSpain, b_zzzt, mariahbay, JaneJ
7745 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Dean
Who's Online
0 registered (), 638 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

[greatMadridHotels.com]
[greatBarcelonaHotels.com]
Discounts on Madrid Hotels, Barcelona Hotels & Throughout Spain!

Other Martin Media Websites: GreatMadridHotels.com Hoteles-en-Madrid.com GreatBarcelonaHotels.com Hoteles-Barcelona.eu GreatSevilleHotels.com Hoteles-en-Sevilla.com GreatSpainHotels.com Avila Hotels Burgos Hotels Chipiona Hotels Cuenca Hotels Granada Hotels Huesca Hotels Jerez Hotels Oviedo Hotels Pamplona Hotels Ronda Hotels San Sebastian Hotels Santander Hotels Santiago De Compostela Hotels Segovia Hotels Valladolid Hotels Vitoria Hotels Zaragoza Hotels Spain Hostels Hostales BarcelonaMan.com BilbaoMan.com CadizMan.com CordobaMan.com GranadaMan.com MadridMan.com SantanderMan.com SantiagoMan.com SegoviaMan.com SevilleMan.com ToledoMan.com ValenciaMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Paseo del Prado El Faro de Moncloa Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments