Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9171 - 03/25/07 04:56 PM Barcelona: Choosing Between a few hotels
Erin K Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
I need some help narrowing down the hotels that I've looked at in Barcelona. From BarcelonaMan.com and other travel resources, I've found some great choices, but now I can't decide! I'm looking at the following:
Hotel Colon : looks nice and great views of the cathedral, great location. Hotel Regencia Colon : good value and also great loc. Duques de Bergara : great price and location. Hotel Gaudi : seems like good price and looks artsy. Hotel Constanza : looks nice at good price.

So obviously, location and price are the important keys, but I also want to feel like I'm in Spain, and not Anywhere, USA. Any advice on how to choose?? Thanks so much!
Erin K

#9172 - 03/27/07 02:34 PM Re: Barcelona: Choosing Between a few hotels
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
If have not stay at Dugues de Bergara or any of the places you mention.

The Dugues de Begara seems to be in ideal location. North of it are plenty of cafes and shops, south is the Rambles. Next block is Placa Catalunya. There you will find the Tourist Office; it is big office and I found it to be very helpful. Then there is the subway, which you will need when is going to travel so see the site that a little further out.

The only thing I would be concern about is the noise, if that bothers you then make sure you do not have a room facing the street.

If you want to feel like you are in Spain, well it is not were you sleep it is what you do that will make you feel like your in Catalonia.

Do not eat or drink at any of the cafes on the Rambles, it is the tourist thing to do.

Enjoy your trip.

Bill

#9173 - 04/04/07 07:47 AM Re: Barcelona: Choosing Between a few hotels
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
hey erin
i stopped at the duques de bergara last christmas. the location is fantastic right next to placa cataluna, 100yds from las ramblas. for noise it was great because it is down a side street and not a lot of people go down it. the food was great, plenty of choice even though it was only breakfast, but you will probably eat out at lunch/night anyway. perfect location good food good price. just go for it clap

oh by the way on las ramblas two big beers two red wine one big coke (2 straws) 44 euros. dont eat or drink on there.

this is our crew in barcelona. sorry im taking the photo.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments