Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#91419 - 08/06/12 06:06 AM Re: New Madrid Store Hours: OPEN 24/7/365 [Re: MadridMan]
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Sunday shopping turn me on too much as much as being open for lunch hours. That aspect of life in Madrid drives me mad. It's one of the main reasons why I shop only at the big chains. I can not understand for the life of me why someone would want a 2 hour break at lunch and then work till 8pm at night.

On the other hand I came via Germany where life ends at 6pm (or did) and 1 pm on Saturdays. Due to the crisis we considered a potion in Germany and I commented to my wife about not being sure if I could adjust to weekends being sooooo dead. And I don't mean big stores not open on Sundays, but EVERYTHING closed, especially on a long weekend!!!!

#91424 - 08/06/12 03:37 PM Re: New Madrid Store Hours: OPEN 24/7/365 [Re: Rob in Madrid]
Harriet Offline

I like the idea. But why go from one extreme to another? It seems a little too much the possibility of 24/7. Why not just expand the opening hours to match other European countries, with limited opening hours on Sundays?

#91426 - 08/07/12 05:06 AM Re: New Madrid Store Hours: OPEN 24/7/365 [Re: Harriet]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Europe will follow along too, France has struggle with that idea and many now open on Sunday mornings. Strong unions prevent the whole day still, but it will come. economic realities of the modern life.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments