Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#91016 - 05/28/12 12:56 PM Madrid: VIDEO: Shots Fired by Police in Lavapies
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Two Madrid plain-clothes police officers sustain minor injuries when a mob of foreign neighbors/compatriots/associates attempt to release the detained "top manta" seller of knock-off handbags. One agent fires two shots into the air. This happened yesterday/Sunday afternoon in the Lavapies neighborhood of Madrid.

El País Article about yesterday's incident:
"Shots Fired by Madrid Police in Lavapies while detaining Top Manta seller"

The below video will give you chills:

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#91017 - 05/28/12 01:57 PM Re: Madrid: VIDEO: Shots Fired by Police in Lavapies [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
welcome to the new Spain

#91024 - 05/30/12 12:53 PM Re: Madrid: VIDEO: Shots Fired by Police in Lavapies [Re: pedmar]
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Seeing the video reminded me what happen last year when I visited Madrid.

I was waiting for the light to change to cross the street to enter the Retiro Park near the Puerta de Alcala. Traffic was very heavy during the day around this area. While waiting to cross, I see on the opposite site of the street a group maybe five police officers in uniform. One of the officers was trying to wrestle to the ground a black guy, who was selling the purses. The black guy broke free of police officer ran across the busy street. He almost got hit by a car, lucky for him the driver's car breaks worked because the car stopped just in time in scream of tire rubber. He did make it to the other side of the street like five feet where I was standing. The police office had the smarts not to go after him with all the traffic.

Now here is the amazing part!

The guy selling purses that just got away from the police, turns around gives them, the Madrid police, the middle finger. Then he yells something like he is taunting them and “walks” away. Not run. But walks away! The police do not go after him, even when the street light changes to green to safely cross the street.

Right there my jaw drops open in shock, shock because I live in New York City. I though there is no way this guy would have walk away from the New York City police as they would have gone after him to make him an example that you should never taut, give the finger to the police that is attempting to arrest you!

#91025 - 05/30/12 02:03 PM Re: Madrid: VIDEO: Shots Fired by Police in Lavapies [Re: Bill from NYC]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
welcome to Europe really

#91288 - 07/09/12 02:17 PM Re: Madrid: VIDEO: Shots Fired by Police in Lavapies [Re: pedmar]
Yankaluz Offline

Loc: SoCal, USA
Glad they were at least two officers and none of the other accomplices introduced a fire arm of their own! It would have been a lot uglier!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 349 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments