Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#91030 - 05/31/12 07:16 AM Madrid: 4 July 2012 Party with MadridMan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...

Who's up for a 4th of July "Party with MadridMan" in Madrid? partypair

WHEN: As mentioned, on the 4th of July! Yeah, that's the United States' Independence Day. It's also a WEDNESDAY!

WHAT TIME: 8pm sound good to everyone?

WHERE: Good question. Suggestions? I'll have to vote for MadridMan's favorite, another stop at our tried-and-true, back-terraza meeting place of the bar El Brillante on the Glorieta de Atocha, directly below the Hotel Mediodia. There, they seem to be able to accommodate larger groups, pushing tables together.

I'll edit this Original Posting later to reflect the final time and place.

cheers It's been two years since our last formal outing (but many smaller, informal ones) and I'm looking forward to seeing you summertime visitors from the USA as well as our good friends from all over the world whom live in Madrid.

Hope to see some of you there! It's always fun getting together with friends, message board members, visitors, and exchanging ideas, experiences, and, OF COURSE(!), making new friends and re-kindling old ones. smile

Saludos, MadridMan wavey

Here are a couple photos (by member steve robinson) from that 2010 outing at El Brillante:

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#91031 - 05/31/12 11:03 AM Re: Madrid: 4 July 2012 Party with MadridMan [Re: MadridMan]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Oh Yea!!! I'll be there with the Duque clan! We will celebrate Independence Day, madrileno style!
You know, Our 8 year old daughter has never been Stateside for the 4th of July!@ We are always in Madrid!

El Brilliante is a tradition for the MM members! I say we continue that tradition! Who knows, we may still be getting together there in 2032!!!!!

The countdown begins!!!! Here we come!

#91032 - 05/31/12 12:17 PM Re: Madrid: 4 July 2012 Party with MadridMan [Re: laduque]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

That's great news, laduque! I must admit I'm both happy and, frankly, a little concerned that 10 persons have already accepted the invitation via the MadridMan Facebook Page. yeah That's great! Those late-comers may have to stand!

I'll get there 15-minutes early and try to get at least 3-tables pushed together before more arrive. Somehow, I doubt the waiter will like me doing that and may just say so.

Let's hope it doesn't rain!! (Hahahahaa!! laugh )

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#91035 - 05/31/12 01:06 PM Re: Madrid: 4 July 2012 Party with MadridMan [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Are you counting my clan in that number? If not, please add 4 more!

#91036 - 05/31/12 01:19 PM Re: Madrid: 4 July 2012 Party with MadridMan [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi, teachertraveler8! No, I wasn't counting you/your clan yet, so imagine! It's my experience, however - and I'm not suggesting *this is you*, that only about half of those which R.S.V.P. in the affirmative actually come. That's fine. Things happen and plans change so no problem. Looking forward to seeing you!

Saludos, MadridMan

#91037 - 05/31/12 02:07 PM Re: Madrid: 4 July 2012 Party with MadridMan [Re: MadridMan]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
hi MM! I wish I could be there with you guys, but I will be in Galicia at that point in July, getting ready for my class in Santiago. I know you all will have a great time! I am jealous but very happy you will be celebrating at El Brillante!

#91040 - 05/31/12 03:52 PM Re: Madrid: 4 July 2012 Party with MadridMan [Re: esperanza]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

That's a shame, esperanza, but we'll be thinking of you. cheers

#91045 - 06/01/12 01:55 PM Re: Madrid: 4 July 2012 Party with MadridMan [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
too bad, have plan to be there end July,dates not set yet.also by Galicia.
take those wonderful photos again. One of these days////

#91048 - 06/05/12 08:08 AM Re: Madrid: 4 July 2012 Party with MadridMan [Re: pedmar]
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
No American Flags? No Fireworks? No hot dogs or hamburgers? No barbeque chicken? No corn on the cob? But I see in Steve Robinson's photographs beer glass so it that to me makes it close enough at least to be July 4th, when you are in Madrid.

Have a wonderful day all as I will toast one of my beer that day to July 4th Madridman Party in New York City. The second beer after that I will toast for my upcoming October trip to Madrid.

#91109 - 06/10/12 09:55 AM Re: Madrid: 4 July 2012 Party with MadridMan [Re: Bill from NYC]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Tick Tock! Only 3 weeks to go! Looking forward to seeing you all.

Bill from NYC, I only wish (actually, not) that El Brillante could serve us all those things - and bar-b-que ribs, too, but they can't. Beer, they have, and a lot of it. hehehe cheers

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments