Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#9099 - 01/17/07 01:36 PM Apartment in Madrid
joycenj Offline

I would like advice as to best central location for an apartment in Madrid for a 4 day stay in August. Also, there are so many companies to rent from, how do you know which one to use? I've contacted Madridrentalflats.com. Does anyone know anything about them?

#9100 - 01/17/07 01:58 PM Re: Apartment in Madrid
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
joycenj,

Do a search on my review of Hospedaje Madrid . It is very centrally located.

#9101 - 01/17/07 07:13 PM Re: Apartment in Madrid
joycenj Offline

Not really what I was looking for...travelling with 2 teenagers and want a nicer apartment. Any other suggestions?

#9102 - 01/18/07 10:32 AM Re: Apartment in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
(originally posted by member joycenj on 01-18-2007 03:48 PM)

I found a beautiful apartment through www.madridrentalflats.com that I may be interested in renting however am trouble communicating with them. They have told me that it is located at No. 3 Miquel Angel St. within walking distance of the Paseo de la Castellano. I would like to know if it is in walking distance of the museums and what Metro stop it is near. Can you help me out with this one?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9103 - 01/18/07 04:30 PM Re: Apartment in Madrid
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
sound an English site never heard of them.
but there are near paseo de la castellana north of Gen Martinez Campos
metro ruben dario o gregorio marañon are south and north of it. the area is very nice indeed.
the No 3 Miguel Angel is their HQ maybe they also have an apt there.

#9104 - 01/19/07 11:40 PM Re: Apartment in Madrid
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

I looked at a map I have at home, and the address you mentioned does not seem to be close walking distance to the Prado, Reina Sofia, etc. I never really walked north of Plaza Colon when I would go walking around that area, so maybe it's closer than I think it is, but it's definitely more than a 10 minute walk. In order to get to the Prado and the Reina Sofia, you would walk south on the Paseo de la Castellana, but as I said, it would be a bit of a hike.

In order to see this for yourself, you may want to go to Google Maps, enter the address, and check out the view for yourself. There may be someone else out there who could give you a better approximation about the actual walking distance and time. If you want to be more centrally located, you may want to consider something more along the lines of Gran Via.

#9105 - 01/21/07 02:54 PM Re: Apartment in Madrid
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
It might be a little small for three, but my wife, and then twelve year-old son and I lived at this wonderful apartment for three months in 2002. The location could not be better. It is at the intersection of Calle Huertas and Calle Jesus.

Within walking distance of Sol, the Prado etc., in an area full of bars and restaurants, a great bakery, and the Bar Roda. The latter being the home of the greatest napolitanas de crema in the world.

http://www.inicia.es/de/elprado/

#9106 - 01/21/07 03:52 PM Re: Apartment in Madrid
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
when i go with family i stay here (alond i stay with friends)
www.hostal-la-plata.com

#9107 - 01/22/07 08:14 AM Re: Apartment in Madrid
shabba53 Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia
I've always used www.capitalapartments.com Although they are predominantly for corporate use, I know plenty of people who use them just for vacations. Their apartments are always pristine, and every one I've stayed in are in great locations. Their website only shows a few locations, but they have many more. Just ask what apartments they have are available. Eugenio has always been very helpful.

#9108 - 01/27/07 04:29 PM Re: Apartment in Madrid
jjfvm Offline

Hi, joycenj

I know a good site whith a wide offer of apartments all of then very centrally located. In the heart of Madrid. http://www.homesfortravellers.com .
I usually look here and they have a very good service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments