Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90914 - 05/07/12 07:01 PM Madrid: Summer HomeStay Traveling
Istanbullu Offline

I want to visit Madrid over the summer for about a month and I have been looking for programs to travel with. I am 16 but I don't want to be with a camp because I want more freedom to see places on my own. Most other programs that look good are either too expensive or for adults. Is Infointer's program to stay with a host family and speak English to them legitimate? It says it is 180 Euro for as long as you want to stay which seems too cheap to be true. If it isn't what other programs are good to learn a lot of Spanish but not be with Americans the whole time?

Edited by MadridMan (05/08/12 01:22 AM)
Edit Reason: to better define the subject

#90915 - 05/08/12 01:36 AM Re: Madrid: Summer HomeStay Traveling [Re: Istanbullu]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Originally Posted By Istanbullu
Is Infointer's program to stay with a host family and speak English to them legitimate? It says it is 180 Euro for as long as you want to stay which seems too cheap to be true.

You know what they say, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't."

Soo..... you want to speak Spanish with this host family or do you want to speak English with them? You've said both in your posting.

I've never heard of Infointer, but 180 Euros per month does sound too cheap. Maybe that's the price per week instead? And, also, you'll be speaking ENGLISH with the host family? IN Madrid?? huh I'd doubt there are many English-speaking host-families available in Madrid, but I could be wrong.

Also, I have to doubt the host family would let you stay as long as you want for 180 Euros.

Sorry I can't personally recommend any other programs, but hopefully others will. Best of luck!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90918 - 05/08/12 07:30 AM Re: Madrid: Summer HomeStay Traveling [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
I have not heard of infointer but the programs like that exist. My wife's sister took a domestic job with an Irish family in Cork county several years back to learn English. She helps around the house odds things clean ,laundry ,care of small child, and got to meet a real family ,real experience and learn good English (with an Irish twist ::))
But she didn't paid, it was an exchange for the work.

you need to look more into this, and check the infointer folks with the proper authorities infointer change into oleSpain at
http://www.olespain.org/
aupair service in Spain, need to verify with the mayor's office if legitimate outfit before committing your time.
hope it helps

#90920 - 05/08/12 11:57 AM Re: Madrid: Summer HomeStay Traveling [Re: pedmar]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Have you investigated "Pueblo Ingles"? They are camps, which I know you don't want, but they sound like a lot of fun. Plus, there are some geared toward teens and they are free. You have to pay for your transportation, but room and board is provided. I am not endorsing them, but I have looked at their website. Will you be with your family? The time at Pueblo Ingles only runs for a week, so if you are in Spain for a month, you would also have time to explore other areas.

#90922 - 05/08/12 07:10 PM Re: Madrid: Summer HomeStay Traveling [Re: MadridMan]
Istanbullu Offline

You have to speak English to them for a couple hours a day so they can get better at it but at other times you can work on your own Spanish.

Thanks.

#92004 - 02/28/13 02:36 AM Re: Madrid: Summer HomeStay Traveling [Re: Istanbullu]
Willy The Kid Offline

Hello,
I imagine it´s too late to give you this info, but one of my friend sent her 15 years ols daughter to Madrid, and she stayed there for a month in a host family. Of course, the price was not the one you ´ve mentionned, but the host family was great. I think she found thje hist family with madridhomestay. You can have a look for next time

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 199 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments