Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9090 - 12/31/06 03:40 PM Madrid: Hotel Europa?
bckay1 Offline

Loc: Tucson Arizona
Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Europa in Madrid recently. I wanted to know just how bad the construction in the Sol is? Can one still have access to the pedestrian mall?
Also, if one wanted to get a cab is it possible?
Any input is welcome.

#9091 - 12/31/06 09:22 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Europa?
ned Offline

Loc: USA
...hi bckay...I stayed at the Europa in April (which is going back awhile) and needed a cab around 5.30 am...the hotel hailed a cab for me which worked out fine. If you know what time you may want the cab i'm sure it would make it easier for the hotel to arrange.

#9092 - 01/01/07 04:26 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel Europa?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hotel Europa seems to have fallen out of favor a little in the past year or so, possibly in great part due to the construction in SOL. I too would like to know if anyone has stayed there lately because as far back as 4 years ago it seemed to be in need of renovation then.

The pedestrian mall is open too and you can get taxi cabs in SOL but with so many people there it ca be "challenging" to get one which is available and not just passing through.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9093 - 01/01/07 02:21 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Europa?
ned Offline

Loc: USA
...in April Hotel Europa was still doing renovation work. The room that i had had been renovated and was nice...in fact all the rooms on that floor had been done. It appeared that the ground floor and restaurant still were to be done. I'm sure that an e-mail to the hotel would confirm the renovation status.

#9094 - 01/03/07 10:22 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel Europa?
bckay1 Offline

Loc: Tucson Arizona
I did email the hotel and they told me the renovations to the hotel and lobby were complete. They also said they didn't know if the Sol would be finished by May which is when we will be there.I am hoping that the benefits of staying on the pedestrian mall with shops and restaurants will make up for the inconvenience of the construction.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments