Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9079 - 12/07/06 04:50 AM Madrid: Need a Place for 3 weeks! Other students?
18dummy Offline

Loc: California
Hi I was looking for a place to stay starting the end of January until the end of February while I visit a friend who is also travelling to Madrid. I would prefer something like the EASO housing with other students. But EASO has no vacancies during that time period. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you for your help!

#9080 - 12/07/06 05:16 AM Re: Madrid: Need a Place for 3 weeks! Other students?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Take a look at Palacio de Barradas - Residencias de Estudiantes at http://www.palaciodebarradas.com/ . I think this place is rather new as I've never heard of it before just now.

Good luck! And please remember to give us your review if you happen to stay at the above.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9081 - 12/08/06 10:47 PM Re: Madrid: Need a Place for 3 weeks! Other students?
18dummy Offline

Thanks MadridMan! Ill definately keep that as an option. Only thing is that it might be pricey if I stay there 3 weeks+. Have you ever heard of Accommadrid? http://www.accommadrid.com/index.html

I was wondering how that would work out? Thanks for the help.

#9082 - 12/09/06 04:07 AM Re: Madrid: Need a Place for 3 weeks! Other students?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Have never heard of that one, no. You might also try http://www.VenAMiCasa.com . Although this one has nothing really to do with students' lodging they list very very cheap bedrooms with (normally) family homes.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9083 - 12/13/06 11:44 AM Re: Madrid: Need a Place for 3 weeks! Other students?
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I've stayed a couple of times with a retired lady, Rosa Torrado, who owns a five bedroom apartment on Calle Arturo Soria in a very nice section of Madrid. She rents three of the bedrooms to students (which is how I met her originally). Also she is only one block away from a Metro Station on the #4 Line. Rosa charges 23 €uros per day which includes dinner every evening and coffee in the morning. She is a very sweet lady, but I should tell you that she does not speak any English. If you would feel comfortable communicating with her in Spanish, you can telephone her at (011)-34-91-300-0598. (She does not have email.) Feel free to let her know that I referred you to her. (She knows me as Arturo.)

#9084 - 12/19/06 12:06 AM Re: Madrid: Need a Place for 3 weeks! Other students?
18dummy Offline

Arturo, thanks I've started leaning toward staying in a home stay type setting like this and its great to have one that someones been in before. I think I can speak poor yet decipherable spanish to her when I decide what I want to do.

Stil trying to figure out if a shared flat with other students or half-board residency would be better. Thanks heaps though!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments