MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90697 - 03/15/12 01:48 PM C(H)OEURS Ballet-Opera in Teatro Real Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Latest Blog Entry: "C(H)OEURS Ballet-Opera in Teatro Real Madrid"

(pssst! One of the below photos contains full rear male nudity. if you're sensitive to such things, read no further - but you don't really see anything apart from their rears. Speaking of rear-ends, this blog entry has an ending which you might - or might not - expect. What happened at the curtain-call surprised me! Also, see a couple YouTube videos at the conclusion of this blog entry)

"CHOEURS", in French, means "choirs" in English. "COEURS", in French, means "hearts". Overlap the two French words and you get "C(H)OEURS", which means something like "Choirs of Hearts" or "Heart Choirs". "C(H)OEURS" is the name of the new Alain Platel performance and is being performed at Madrid's Teatro Real - or Royal Theater or Opera House - and I witnessed it last night with my own eyes.

The tickets for our second-level up, front row seats were 80 Euros each and part of a multi-performance "bono", a specific collection of performances at Madrid's Teatro Real for this season. The cheap seats went for as little as 70 Euros while the best seats sold for 172 Euros. C(H)OEURS was listed as a ballet as the genre of the performance, but some websites call it an Opera. Hmmm.... This wasn't like any ballet or opera I've ever seen. It certainly wasn't classical ballet. And I would go so far as to say it was contemporary ballet, either, not like the Contemporary Cuban Dance ballet I saw in the Teatro Real last month, anyway. As for being an opera, well, I've seen half a dozen in my life and, while there were a couple moments of Opera-style singing, it wasn't the focus of THIS performance.
(Read on, McDuff...)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90703 - 03/16/12 08:39 AM Re: C(H)OEURS Ballet-Opera in Teatro Real Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I tried to see the Youtube post and there was an error. Can you check to see if they are there?

#90704 - 03/16/12 10:24 AM Re: C(H)OEURS Ballet-Opera in Teatro Real Madrid [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

On which of the two videos did you get the error message? And do you remember what the error said? Might be a temporary error with YouTube. I've seen it sometimes. I've just tested them both and they worked for me.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90707 - 03/17/12 10:14 AM Re: C(H)OEURS Ballet-Opera in Teatro Real Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I was able to view it at home. Maybe at school, it is blocked. Anyway, it isn't my thing. I'm surprised the tickets were so expensive. Do you think the crowd would have been more forgiving of the performance if they hadn't paid so much or was it a waste of money and TIME?

Do you have a ticket series for the ballet and you have tickets for multiple performances?

#90708 - 03/19/12 11:07 AM Re: C(H)OEURS Ballet-Opera in Teatro Real Madrid [Re: teachertraveler8]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
very good French lesson ::)

#90713 - 03/19/12 02:52 PM Re: C(H)OEURS Ballet-Opera in Teatro Real Madrid [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

There were Spanish AND English subtitles on the monitors when there was some French dialog.

The "bonos" can be in a number of different "arts" configurations. Some are all ballet, others are all opera, and still others are all classical music concerts. I have one "bono" for ballet and another for opera. But YOU don't get to choose the performances. They're pre-set in the "bono".

I think the audience might have been more forgiving had the tickets not been so expensive. Well, it's hard to say, really. Maybe a cheap ballet would've gotten the same reaction. Not sure.

Saludos, MadridMan

#90714 - 03/20/12 12:01 PM Re: C(H)OEURS Ballet-Opera in Teatro Real Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
But then again cheaper tickets might have interpretated a "cheap" ballet, and then maybe not sold out, double edge sword that one!

#90716 - 03/20/12 01:17 PM Re: C(H)OEURS Ballet-Opera in Teatro Real Madrid [Re: billy the man]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
ballet is not cheap,,,and great ballet never.

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments