Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#90219 - 11/22/11 04:51 PM Re: recommended areas to stay in Madrid? [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Calle San Bernadino (yes, Bernadino, not Bernardo) DOES meet in an intersection with Calle Amaniel and Calle de los Reyes, however. This is where you're staying? It's not bad. Kind of a little "China Town", however, and the Metro Noviciado is right there as pedmar mentions above.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90230 - 11/23/11 02:28 PM Re: recommended areas to stay in Madrid? [Re: MadridMan]
scottya Offline

Loc: Ontario
Yes, that's it I believe. We found a few places further out that looked really nice, but decided we'd rather be walking distance to the main attractions.
Hope it all works out! I'm sure we'll enjoy our time in Madrid.

#90231 - 11/26/11 12:41 PM Re: recommended areas to stay in Madrid? [Re: scottya]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
funny I look up descubre madrid map which is the municipality page and the streets are shown parallel not meeting ,but then again the local can verify this once there.
yes the area is ok, no problems at all there. You will enjoy Madrid and report back on the city and the area ok !cheers

#90264 - 12/13/11 12:15 PM Re: recommended areas to stay in Madrid? [Re: pedmar]
scottya Offline

This area worked very well for us. The apartment itself was great, there are many shops and markets close by, the metro is right there, and Gran Via is just a couple of minutes walk. So no problems at all. The immediate area isn't particularly pretty (especially compared to other parts of Madrid) but we always felt safe. And I have to say that we found people in Madrid to be very friendly!
Madrid is incredibly beautiful, and we felt like we needed a lot more time to get to know it better. I guess we'll just have to come back!

#90265 - 12/14/11 06:01 AM Re: recommended areas to stay in Madrid? [Re: scottya]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for the follow-up review, scottya. That's much appreciated. Glad you had a nice visit to Madrid and that you might decide to return someday to see a bit more.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90266 - 12/14/11 06:59 PM Re: recommended areas to stay in Madrid? [Re: MadridMan]
scottya Offline

no problem. I intend to do a more in-depth trip report of all 5 of the cities we visited when we get ourselves a bit more organized!

#90672 - 03/11/12 05:26 AM Re: recommended areas to stay in Madrid? [Re: pedmar]
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I lived in La Latina for about 8 months and loved the area, close enough to everything The problem with Sol and Gran Via is they are very noisy and busy.

In particular it's a fascinating area to walk around in particular head over towards Tirso de Molina, I spent hours walking around with my dog.

#90682 - 03/13/12 02:00 AM Re: recommended areas to stay in Madrid? [Re: Rob in Madrid]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I just booked a luxe apartment for 2 friends staying in Madrid in July. It is right across the street from La basilica de San Fransisco el grande on C/ Bailen. It's on the 5th floor and looks right over onto the basilica. We found it on a luxury website BUT it's a 2 bed, 2 bath, sleeps 4 and everything is ultra modern and cool for only 134 euro a night! Way cheaper than a hotel! I'm thrilled because I know I will be crashing on the sofa while they are there. I'll have to explain to the suegra why I'm not coming home!

#90722 - 03/23/12 05:19 AM Re: recommended areas to stay in Madrid? [Re: pedmar]
Harriet Offline

Palacio, Embajadores, Cortes, Justicia-Chueca, Universidad and Sol are the most central districts.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments