Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90584 - 02/25/12 07:07 AM Madrid or Malaga: Want to see a bullfight in March
Sancho Offline

Is there anywhere I can catch a bullfight in the first week of March. It seems that everywhere I have read that the season doesn't start this soon. I'll be splitting time based out of Madrid and Estepona.

Many thanks.

Edited by MadridMan (02/25/12 12:14 PM)
Edit Reason: edited the subject line

#90585 - 02/25/12 09:46 AM Madrid or Malaga: Want to see a bullfight in March [Re: Sancho]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I believe Easter Sunday (April 8 this year) is the typical start date for the bullfights.

#90587 - 02/25/12 01:36 PM Re: Madrid or Malaga: Want to see a bullfight in March [Re: teachertraveler8]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
If you do a little planning and are willing to travel you should be able to see a corrida. I was there in January and there were already many events posted for the late winter/spring.

The Las Ventas Website says they will be starting in March. Last year the first corrida was on the 13th. Keep trying, they will post it eventually. I have been there several times in March. It can be cold!

Also, try the "reventas" booths along calle Victoria, just off Sol. They often sell tickets to events in the nearby towns and have the posters outside. The bar at Restaurante Viña P on the north side of Plaza Santa Ana always has posters of the latest events in the region and you can have a racion of their excellent grilled asparagus!

#90589 - 02/25/12 05:07 PM Re: Madrid or Malaga: Want to see a bullfight in March [Re: Mongo]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
you may have the chance in March as Mongo said, check out the site for updates. , while in the area go to my favorite as I lived nearby there for a few years, Docamar at plaza Quintana, metro quintana line 5 same as Ventas line, and the best patatas bravas of Madrid in my opinion. Also , they have a room showcasing many photos of older days in the district of Ciudad LIneal, wonderful history to enjoy while having a great tapas evening after a long corrida day lol!!!

#90593 - 02/26/12 04:36 PM Re: Madrid or Malaga: Want to see a bullfight in March [Re: pedmar]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
I think the 1st corrida in Las Ventas is on the 25th of March. But if your definetley wanting to see a bullfight, there may be something on in one of the pueblos around Madrid, check out fiestas.netand pick up one of the bullfighting magazines toros 6, or applausos. Its quite unbelievable how late corridas can be announced.

#90594 - 02/26/12 04:48 PM Re: Madrid or Malaga: Want to see a bullfight in March [Re: eskimo joe]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
Just looked on mundotoro and saw there is a rejoneador competition in Atarfe not far from Malaga. It wont have normal bullfighting on foot, but does have recortes and forcados( serious nutters)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 732 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments