Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9058 - 10/26/06 10:06 PM Madrid: Hotel de Las Letras on Gran Via?
pbhorton Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
My husband and I are headed to Spain this spring and are considering staying at the Hotel de las Letras . Any opinions on the noise factor since it is located on the Gran Via?

Any opinions on the hotel itself? Or any other hotel recommendations? We are willing to spend up to $200 USD per night.

Thanks!

#9059 - 10/27/06 03:47 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel de Las Letras on Gran Via?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
The Hotel de las Letras website @ http://www.hoteldelasletras.com/ seems to be completely blank - at least in my Firefox browser .

I haven't heard of this hotel and am going to guess it's one of the new ones. I find it's a 4-star hotel, part of the Avantgarde Hotels/Habitat Hoteles chain, at Gran Vía, 11, about midway between the photogenic METROPOLIS building and the GRAN VIA metro station.

Doubt it'll be TOO noisy around here between here there aren't any theaters like there are further up between the GRAN VIA & CALLAO metro stations. There IS a lot of traffic, though, all along the Gran Vía. The higher you go in any hotel along the Gran Via the less street noise you'll hear, I'd say.

Anyone else know anything about this apparently new hotel?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9060 - 10/27/06 11:32 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel de Las Letras on Gran Via?
shabba53 Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia
We walked past it last month. Seemed to me to be a nice place. I echo MMs thoughts on the noise factor. Many of the newer hotels are utilizing double paned glass to cut down on traffic noise as well. However, that may not cut out the noise caused by the Madrileno's penchant for laying on the horn. smile

#9061 - 10/30/06 07:49 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel de Las Letras on Gran Via?
pbhorton Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
Thank you for the feedback - we are going with the Hotel Preciados . I'll write a review upon our return.

#9062 - 11/01/06 12:06 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel de Las Letras on Gran Via?
shabba53 Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia
That's a good choice. You've got a very good seafood restaurant right on your street as well. Head towards Plaza Callao from your hotel and you won't be able to miss it. THey have a nice daily window presentation of their catch.

#9063 - 11/01/06 01:09 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel de Las Letras on Gran Via?
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
I would agree on the location its perfect. for early morning dipping do not missed chocolateria San Gines off rue Arenal next to disco joy eslava;cant missed it.

#9064 - 02/05/07 07:55 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel de Las Letras on Gran Via?
Bev Offline

Loc: nyc
Anyone know how this stay at Hotel Preciados turned out. It sounds nice.

#9065 - 02/06/07 03:35 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel de Las Letras on Gran Via?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Bev, it seems pbhorton's trip is this coming spring. Hopefully (s)he will then write that review of Hotel Preciados as promised. xfingers

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9066 - 02/06/07 10:49 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel de Las Letras on Gran Via?
Bev Offline

Loc: nyc
Oops, sorry I missed that fact.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments