Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#90530 - 02/14/12 04:31 PM Re: Madrid:Mirador de Goya apartment,advice please [Re: Di Kitchy]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy Madrid.

Now that you are all set, I would like some feedback on some of my apartment options. I have one apartment that I like on Calle Atocha and Calle San Pedro. It is north of Atocha. Will it be too noisy to be right on Atocha? Is that a good neighborhood?

Another apartment is near Opera Metro Stop. Is that a better location as far as being central to walking to the museums, plaza Mayor, Palace, etc than these:

Chamberi or north of the Gran Via near the Plaza de Espana?

#90532 - 02/15/12 03:13 AM Re: Madrid:Mirador de Goya apartment,advice please [Re: teachertraveler8]
Di Kitchy Offline

Loc: Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK
Hi teachertraveler8, think you might want to re-post this as a new topic as I can't be of much help to you having never travelled to Madrid before!!!!!

Good luck with your search!!

#90537 - 02/15/12 06:40 AM Re: Madrid:Mirador de Goya apartment,advice please [Re: Di Kitchy]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I did post it as another topic, but we were posting at the same time and I didn't want people to not look at yours. I think the "theme" is pretty much the same anyway. If I don't get any responses, I will re-post.

#90541 - 02/15/12 07:08 AM Re: Madrid:Mirador de Goya apartment,advice please [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
WOW!!!! What a surprise! It just dawned on me, Di Kitchy!! This is (practically) in MY NEIGHBORHOOD!!! Or, at the very least, my area of Madrid. wave

As mentioned above, this is a very working-class area of Madrid, pretty safe, no tourists whatsoever, and you'll also be very close to the newly renovated "River Walk". The Puerta del Ángel is the nearest metro station to the Mirador de Goya apartment about 6 or 7 blocks away. Not too bad. Once you get to the Paseo de Extremadura, 5 blocks north, you'll have about 8 buses to take you nearly anywhere into Old downtown Madrid.

And what great views from the terraza - according to the Only-Apartments booking website, anyway. Did you book through them? If not, who did you use? I'd love to get a look at this place while you're here, if you don't mind. I'll invite you to a neighborhood bar for a beer as payment.

Wow! I'm beside myself! Saludos, MadridMan wave

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90544 - 02/15/12 07:46 AM Re: Madrid:Mirador de Goya apartment,advice please [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
teachertravel;;; all those are nice areas too. what is a good neighborhood to you?
Calle Atocha and Calle San Pedro. It is north of Atocha. you wont have time to hear the train....you will be out

Opera Metro Stop. yes in my opinion is a better location.more central

Chamberi or north of the Gran Via near the Plaza de Espana? nice area too, love the Plaza area, my best if would be there as in past years is the plaza de castilla area towards barrio del pilar, residential , spanish, nice, metro takes you anywhere,and close to my team ::)
cheers

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments