Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#90489 - 02/07/12 03:36 AM Madrid: Apartment Zeffirelli?
Di Kitchy Offline

Loc: Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK
Hi, found an apartment, Zeffirelli but am not sure which barrio it's in and which agent I should book with. Would prefer to go direct to owner but not sure if that's possible. I just want to get this out of the way so that I can get on with the exciting itinery stuff!!
Thanks in advance
Di x

Edited by MadridMan (02/07/12 06:22 AM)
Edit Reason: to clarify topic in subject line

#90490 - 02/07/12 06:20 AM Re: Madrid: Apartment Zeffirelli? [Re: Di Kitchy]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Apartment owners have agents largely because they don't want the hassle of dealing directly with the public. Plus, they don't have the resources to find renters themselves as the agent does.

I couldn't find an actual website for the "Zeffirelli Apartments", but did find it to be on calle de Torija, 6 in Madrid. This is a very good area, mostly residential, but also very very close to the old center. Actually, it's part of the old center, but I mean it's away from the tourist center. It's close to the Senate building, Café de Chinitas flamenco tablao (my vote!), to OPERA and the Royal Palace. Good location, indeed, and in a nice, old building. You'll love it.

In some photos I see that it does seem to have an "outdoor" terrace/patio with a table and chairs, but I'm guessing it's part of the interior patio, essentially the air-shaft on/near the ground floor so don't expect much sunlight.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90491 - 02/07/12 06:30 AM Re: Madrid: Apartment Zeffirelli? [Re: MadridMan]
Di Kitchy Offline

Thanks for the reply. It's very reassuring to have your opinion. I shall book now. Not too worried about the terrace getting sun, it's just nice to sit out and eat/drink sometimes.
I had looked at the Cafe de Chinitas which looks very exciting but couldn't find a price but with the closeness of the apartment it would seem silly not to try it one evening.
Thank yo again
Di x

#90493 - 02/07/12 06:44 AM Re: Madrid: Apartment Zeffirelli? [Re: Di Kitchy]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

As a follow-up, you may not only not have sun, but you may also only have views of the walls of the buildings facing this central air-shaft for 3 floors up - but you may well see the sky way above you.

Café de Chinitas charges roughly 35 Euros per person for the show which includes one drink.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90495 - 02/07/12 06:53 AM Re: Madrid: Apartment Zeffirelli? [Re: MadridMan]
Di Kitchy Offline

Oh now that's put the doubts in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#90499 - 02/07/12 07:20 AM Re: Madrid: Apartment Zeffirelli? [Re: Di Kitchy]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Sorry about that. I'm talking about THIS image below. Have you seen this image? Doesn't it look like an enclosed patio, mostly walled-in? If this is part of the central patio of the building, you'd have 4-walls surrounding this patio 3-floor high.

#90501 - 02/07/12 07:42 AM Re: Madrid: Apartment Zeffirelli? [Re: MadridMan]
Di Kitchy Offline

Oh dear...now I don't know what to do. Almost considering going back to the Wilson in Barcelona........

#90502 - 02/07/12 07:46 AM Re: Madrid: Apartment Zeffirelli? [Re: Di Kitchy]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

But were you considering this place MAINLY because it had a "outdoor patio"?

Saludos, MadridMan

#90503 - 02/07/12 07:59 AM Re: Madrid: Apartment Zeffirelli? [Re: MadridMan]
Di Kitchy Offline

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#90507 - 02/07/12 08:36 AM Re: Madrid: Apartment Zeffirelli? [Re: Di Kitchy]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
you can contact the El Corte Ingles ,and they can find you an apartment to your liking, they even have English speaking staff
http://www.viajeselcorteingles.es/viajes...od_comunidad=10

all their agencies in Madrid. I must admit to MM likings that I am a customer there since 1972!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments