Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90365 - 01/11/12 05:03 PM Girona
Hector Offline

Loc: Florida
Visiting Girona in March. Anything you can tell me about the city? Looks to be in another great part of Spain.

Edited by Hector (01/11/12 05:13 PM)

#90370 - 01/12/12 07:26 AM Re: Girona [Re: Hector]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
indeed nice area to visit and near Barcelona. I was there a long time ago, so dont want to give you old information. But the experience was nice.
lost yourself in the Barri Veil or old quarters of the city.

#90386 - 01/18/12 06:00 AM Re: Girona [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Go down to the river ( Riu Onyar ) and cross over the old bridges where the colourful houses are reflected in the water ... And definetly go to the old Jewish quarter ( El Call ) . Plenty of excellent restaurants too . I think it's a beautiful city ! The cathedral , like many Spanish cathedrals is so ornate as to be almost ridiculous , but very impressive . I was reading somewhere that Girona province has the highest per capita income in the whole of Spain ! I do remember seeing some rather expensive shops there . Of course you'll be able to try all types of Catalan food which is absolutely wonderful . If you haven't tried it already , then for dessert I recommend the Crema Catalana .. similar to a crème brûlée .

#90401 - 01/20/12 03:26 PM Re: Girona [Re: steve robinson]
Hector Offline

Loc: Florida
Thanks guys, appreciate your info. Girona is a stop on our way to Provance ending back up in Barcelona for Easter.

#90407 - 01/23/12 06:52 AM Re: Girona [Re: Hector]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Well if you're in the Côte d'Azur area of Provence , check on a small town called Bandol ... Great restaurants down by the sea and the French Government gave the town it's own Appellation Controlée for the magnificent rosé wine they produce . Go down to the seafront order a cold bottle of the rosé and a big bowl of steamed mussels and clams in a wine and garlic sauce !! Wonderful .

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments