Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90200 - 11/17/11 05:45 PM Amazon España: Shopping Online
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
My family, at this time of year , have huge amounts of deliveries from Amazon ... christmas gifts , many times ordered from my brother in Russia and delivered to the house here in England ahead of his family´s visit .
Now I was walking past a big box this morning and was astonished to see "Amazon.es" on the side of the box .
Many Spanish contributors to this message board would have been frustrated like crazy ( as was I ) in the past because Amazon never had a Spanish site .. They had www.amazon.co.uk , amazon.de , .it , . de , .nl , .jp etc .... but never a Spanish site ( due to legal reasons ) ... I may be well behind the curve on this but I want to applaud the fact that Spain now has an Amazon portal !! amazon.es .... I'll be keeping an eye on it from now on!

#90217 - 11/22/11 03:57 PM Re: Amazon España: Shopping Online [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I know!! Isn't that great?! I'm so happy to now not HAVE TO order things from Amazon.co.uk and pay those awful shipping fees and higher price/conversion-rates for gifts to those living outside of the UK. Although, for all I know, shipping rates from the new www.Amazon.es may be just as high.

Also, since Amazon.es is new, their Spain-based stock will likely be low for some time.

Steve, I often do what you mention above. I, too, have loads of Amazon.com deliveries made before my visit to the USA so I'll have them for me here and to take back to Spain with me.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90314 - 12/30/11 05:03 AM Re: Amazon España: Shopping Online [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I see you can get the basic Amazon Kindle but not the color Amazon Kindle Fire, yet. I imagine, with time, their warehouse stock will grow.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90565 - 02/20/12 05:59 AM Re: Amazon España: Shopping Online [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hey! Last week I used the new "Amazon España" portal to order "Boy in the Striped Pajamas" on DVD and was able to log-in using my Amazon USA account information. I was a little surprised - and pleased - that it translated over. Got the DVD in like 2 days - and that was with the free shipping! I think it was shipped FROM Madrid so it didn't have far to go. Pretty Cool!

Saludos, MadridMan

#90762 - 03/29/12 11:29 PM Re: Amazon España: Shopping Online [Re: MadridMan]
colenot Offline

I am so glad to be ordering from Amazon again. Very happy the .es version is up and running.

I bought a couple of toy train sets for my kid and a book that I'd been wanting to get in english, but forgot to buy it back home during the holidays.

Bought on Friday, delivered on Wednesday. Free. Saved about 40 euros from El Corte Ingles prices:).

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments