Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#90094 - 10/14/11 12:49 AM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: pedmar]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Thanks for the suggestion, pedmar! It will be a challenge to find the best person to contact in the mayor's office about arranging such a visit, but I do have plenty of time before next spring. If I make any progress, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

#90095 - 10/14/11 03:29 AM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: la historiadora]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
you can contact her
http://www.madrid.es/portales/munimadrid...000dc0ca8c0RCRD

she is the one;cheers

#90098 - 10/14/11 01:58 PM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: pedmar]
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Another place you want to visit is the Old City Hall Casa de La Villa which I did Monday. My friend Andres who also gives Tapas tours in Madrid Walks of Spain ask me to meet him at the plaza in front of Old City Hall. He then remembers they gives tours of Casa de La Villa and it is at 5:00PM, we can get the tickets at the tourist office at Plaza Mayor and the tours are in Spanish and English. Well the Spanish tour was full but the English one still had tickets. Easy choice to be made.

It was interesting tour and the tour gave some insights of the history, paintings and use of the old city hall.

But there is an in closed patio or main area of the building that has very large stain glass ceiling. For me it was spectacular ceiling in stain glass to look up and say WOW!

To me this is a must see in Madrid.

#90101 - 10/15/11 12:34 PM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: Bill from NYC]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Wow, pedmar! Mil gracias! I really appreciate you helping me find the appropriate contact person. I will contact her in the next few days to inquire about a group visit. I'll be sure to post my results.

And, Bill from NYC, thank you very much for the suggestion. I'm not familiar with the old city hall but it looks like a wonderful place to visit. I don't know if the group will be able to see it since they are doing a day trip outside Madrid on the only Monday they are in Spain (and the old city hall is only open on Mondays), but I am definitely keeping it on my own list for my next trip to Madrid!

I'm grateful for the help, everyone! smile

#90105 - 10/17/11 03:51 AM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: la historiadora]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

yes good sugg by Bill from NYC, the Casa de la Villa is near the old section easy off calle mayor and another gem if you have the time go there too.
it was previously the mayors office until move to the Cibeles building.

#90106 - 10/17/11 03:53 AM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: pedmar]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

and best of luck with the contact at city hall la historiadora!

#90108 - 10/18/11 09:23 AM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: pedmar]
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City

la historiadora

Maybe MM will do a trip to Casa de la Villa for his blog. Since two of the places I visited on my last trip to Madrid, the idea to visit where from his blog postings. Palacio de Cibeles and Bellas Arts! (A hint to Madridman!)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments