MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#90065 - 10/07/11 07:19 AM Movie: The Way
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Who's seen the movie "The Way" by Martin Sheen?
What did you make of it? I'm very interested...

Edited by MadridMan (08/13/18 05:21 AM)

#90068 - 10/07/11 10:42 AM Re: Movie: The Way [Re: jazz]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
Jazz, "The Way" makes it's US premiere on October 13 in Indianapolis www.trulymovingpictures.org/theway.

I hope that some of my friends in 'Indy' will be going. I will check with them to see and try to get a report.

It has been released in Spain already, hasn't it?

#90069 - 10/07/11 11:56 AM Re: Movie: The Way [Re: jacmom]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Thanks jacmon!

Perhaps, I'm going to do "the Way" next year, from Irun.

#90070 - 10/07/11 03:26 PM Re: Movie: The Way [Re: jazz]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I have seen "The Way" by Martin Sheen. I loved it for the Spanish scenery and the storyline. Some people might find it a little sentimental, but I'm that kind of a person and it was very special. I would like to do the Camino and have set 4 years from now as my goal to do the full route. I am debating, if I come to Spain next summer, a mini camino. So, Jazz, if you do the Way next year, you must provide a full report!

#90071 - 10/08/11 07:05 AM Re: Movie: The Way [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I haven't seen "The Way" but will look for it. Did they release it in Spain? I think I recall seeing movie posters around, but not for long. Will have to try to find it. I have no doubt the scenery is beautiful in the movie from this part of Spain. Can't wait to return to see it for myself.

UPDATE: I've just watched the trailer (above) for the first time and I'm "sold". I want to see this movie. Isn't it amazing how similarly-looking father-son are now in their older age?

Saludos, MadridMan

Edited by MadridMan (10/08/11 07:21 AM)
Edit Reason: additional comments

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90111 - 10/18/11 04:18 PM Re: Movie: The Way [Re: MadridMan]
jacmom Offline

My friends have not answered about the movie. TT8 did you see it in Spain last spring or in the USA?

Thanks MM for embeding the trailer!

I thought it was out in Spain earlier this year, but they had been having trouble getting a distributor in the USA and that is why there had been a delay - just what I had read online some time ago.

I will need to call one of our local theaters to see if it is coming to Salt Lake City. Maybe one of the independent theaters will book it.

If anyone hears about the movie "Rescue", go see it. It has nothing to do with Spain, but my niece is in it. It is a 3D movie about private and military recues into Haiti after the earthquake. She is the Air Force Captain flying supplies.

#90112 - 10/18/11 09:46 PM Re: Movie: The Way [Re: jacmom]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

My friends and I just saw "The Way" this weekend and we all really liked it. It was very heartfelt, and the scenery and the photography was gorgeous. I've also wanted to do the Camino for a long time, although I might first start with a "mini Camino" as teachertraveler8 suggested. smile

#90114 - 10/19/11 12:00 PM Re: Movie: The Way [Re: la historiadora]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

The link MM provided can tell you where it is playing in your area. It arrives in Metro-Detroit on Oct. 21 so I will go see it again soon in the theater here.

Enjoy! I am looking at airfares to Spain for the summer and they are so HIGH now. (Much higher than last year) I would love to plan a mini-camino, but I'm not sure if I'll make it over there in 2012.

#90147 - 10/30/11 05:46 PM Re: Movie: The Way [Re: teachertraveler8]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

We just returned from seeing this movie in the theater. It was so good! I can't wait to plan my own camino journey. It is playing at the major theaters in the Metro Detroit area, but it will be interesting to see how long they keep it. While I was waiting in line, some women behind me said, "I want to see 'The Way' but I know nothing about it."

#90148 - 10/31/11 03:59 PM Re: Movie: The Way [Re: teachertraveler8]
jacmom Offline

It is here, playing at 3 different theaters. We went last Wednesday afternoon and there were only a total of 5 in the theater, but it was 4 oclock on a Wednesday!

We all liked it. Great scenery. Emphasized spirituality, not Catholicism, although lead character is Catholic.

Friends are planning to go next fall for a week - maybe I'll get them earplugs!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
Anne Marie, seanmiles800, MikeRod1, Eustathius, Gypsy
7767 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
1 registered (robbieroy), 801 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments