Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89784 - 06/09/11 06:03 AM Qs about applying for NIE
pajo2 Offline

Loc: ireland
Hello, I have a few questions regarding applying for the NIE. I have checked out the official sites but im a bit confused as to whats required

Can I use a Hostel address when applying for the NIE or must I have a rented flat/appartment with proof of contract?

Do I have to be registered on the population register before going to the NIE or can I do that later?

Do I have to make an appointment or can I just turn up on the day and wait my turn to see the agent?

If I have to make an appointment how long do you normaly have to wait before being seen?

Im ariving in Madrid on Friday 8th July and am hoping that I can apply for the NIE on Monday 11th.

Thanks

#89791 - 06/11/11 10:14 AM Re: Qs about applying for NIE [Re: pajo2]
pajo2 Offline

Loc: ireland
sorry to bump this thread. can anybody help with this. thanks

#89800 - 06/14/11 11:05 AM Re: Qs about applying for NIE [Re: pajo2]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello, pajo2! Welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board.

Just so's you know, no one here can give you hard-and-true advice, just suggestions, recommendations, and share our experiences. Once you go to do your thing, trust me, you'll need more (or less) than what we tell you. In fact, even if you follow the guidelines of things you must supply, once you take them to the counter, you'll lack something which wasn't on the list. Plus, I applied for my residency more than 5 years ago and the details, now, are sketchy and have likely changed since then. Plus, you're European by birth and I am not so the rules might/would be different for you.

I'm positive you cannot use a hotel/hostel as your address. You need to have first established a mailing address to where they can send you something (in several month's time) in order to verify that address. Maybe a friend can put your name on their mailbox.

I doubt you have to be registered on the population register. That wouldn't make much sense if you're not officially living here yet (legally).

For first-timers, I think you you have to just show-up at the local office with all your documentation, forms filled-out and verified, copies of everything, etcetera. Prepare for long lines and to wait in line for several hours - before they close at 2pm (or 1:30pm??).

To which website were you referring above? Here's a couple to peruse:
http://www.mir.es/
http://madrid.angloinfo.com/countries/spain/residency.asp

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 200 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments