Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89741 - 06/01/11 03:48 PM Bikini ban in Barcelona
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
on the spot fines of 120 to 300 euros for wearing a bikini or swimming trunks,spoil sports and i thought i looked good in my bikini

oops nearly forgot the link

http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3361279

#89742 - 06/02/11 04:26 AM Re: Bikini ban in Barcelona [Re: billy the man]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
In addition to "The Bikini Ban", the same article also mentions a new ban. This one is the most ridiculous and I'm hoping the reporter fouled up the details. Get this one:
Quote:
The new measure follows another recent ban on the city's streets; it is now forbidden to drink from bottles or cans on the streets of the Catalan capital.
It doesn't say it bans bottles/cans of alcohol, just bottles and cans on the street! Forget about walking down Las Ramblas holding a can of Coca-Cola, I guess. rolleyes

Talking about going from loose, fun and free to uptight! Man! Way to take-away Barcelona's FUN image!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89746 - 06/03/11 02:32 PM Re: Bikini ban in Barcelona [Re: MadridMan]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
I read about this a couple of days ago and at first didn't know what to think. It feels like the city is going backwards not forward. I haven't been to Barcelona in about 4 years so maybe locals feel something is getting out of hand.

On the other hand; vacationing yahoo's getting liquored-up and exhibiting boorish behavior in your neighborhood can become a total nuisance. I guess I can understand where this is coming from.

Damn I'm gettin' old

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments