Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8968 - 08/01/06 01:06 PM Sevilla and Ronda reviews
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
We had great experiences in two hotels. First at Un Patio en Santa Cruz in Sevilla. It is a lovely 2-star on a quiet pedestrian street in a great location. We got 2 connecting double rooms for 75 euros each. No breakfast, but many bars in the area. It is very clean, modern and remodelled. (No nasty hotel carpet.) The air conditioning was spectacular! Very friendly staff. Calle Doncellas 15, tel. 34-954-539413, www.patiosantacruz.com

15 minutes outside of Ronda on the edge of the Grazalema Natural Park is the Molino del Santo. A charming small hotel in converted mill. It's a splurge place. We paid around $200 per night for half board. The restaurant is great.

#8969 - 08/03/06 02:58 PM Re: Sevilla and Ronda reviews
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Can you elaborate on the hotel in Sevilla? I have stayed at a wonderful hotel in Sevilla for the 2 Semana Santa's but their price is doubling in 2007. This place is more reasonable.

#8970 - 08/03/06 06:52 PM Re: Sevilla and Ronda reviews
Jana Offline

CathyM, Check out the website for better info. However, as you know if you have been in Sevilla for Semana Santa, hotel prices double or triple during that time.

#8971 - 08/04/06 03:37 PM Re: Sevilla and Ronda reviews
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

I checked out the website but they are often deceiving and I hoped someone that had stayed there may have more in-depth information. wink

The mapping link isn't working so I'm wondering exactly where the hotel is located in the Juderia. I think it may be near the restaurant Modesto.

Yes, I know very well the prices are double or even triple during Semana Santa. I was very lucky to find my special hotel the first month it opened and had to pay a high season supplement. This year it was raised to a extra season supplement and next year they want triple what I paid the first year (and almost double this year). rolleyes

#8972 - 08/04/06 05:57 PM Re: Sevilla and Ronda reviews
Jana Offline

Yes, it is on the block directly behind Modesto. If you go down the street leading to Santa Maria La Blanca and take your first left, it is the on the little pedestrian street with the bakery (Horno Doncellas, which has the best whole wheat bread in Sevilla.) Send me an email if you have questions.

Prices are definitely sky high for Semana Santa. Last year I arrived on Good Friday, and we had rented an apartment for 3 months. However, I stayed at a friend's for Easter weekend to avoid paying 600 euros for three nights in the apartment during Semana Santa. On the other hand, there seems to be no shortage of people willing to pay and the apartment was only a block from the Giralda, so fetched a high price. Good luck to you. If the Patio en Santa Cruz has a reasonable price, I would take it.

#8973 - 08/15/06 05:23 PM Re: Sevilla and Ronda reviews
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Thanks! I booked a room for Semana Santa and my friend and I will save $100 each over 4 days - $ for lots of good food and wine. I'll miss my usual hotel but this location is good and only a few minutes walk to the cathdral area.

#8974 - 08/27/06 06:51 AM Re: Sevilla and Ronda reviews
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Thanks very much for this posting. I am going to Sevilla in September and have a hotel already. However, I intend to check this place out and make reservations for the next trip. Prices seem very reasonable for the accomodations and location.

El Almirante de la Flota que Sundio

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments