Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8958 - 07/24/06 06:55 PM Hostels in Cadiz
shabba53 Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia
Was wondering if anyone had the contact information for a few good hostels in Cadiz, close to the Old City. Looking online, I've only found a couple, and none really had any fotos to check out the quality.

Thanks!

#8959 - 07/24/06 07:51 PM Re: Hostels in Cadiz
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I have visited Cadiz for Semana Santa the last 3 years. I love this city! laugh

The first year I stayed at the parador.
Cadiz Parador

It is nice, the food is great and it is right on the ocean with a pool and great views from the balcony. The only drawback is that it is a good 15 minute walk to the center of Cadiz.

Last year I stayed at a new hotel, Hotel las Cortes de Cadiz.
Las Cortes
I had seen it the year before as I was roaming around and it looked charming. I had a room that overlooked the street with a small balcony. It was a double for single use and was on the small side. The cost was similar to the parador. I would say the parador was fancier but the location couldn't be beat. By the way, I had read some reviews about the hotel and there were several negative posts regarding some rooms not having exterior windows. These rooms had a "window" that was basically above the room door. Not only was this claustrophic but they opened up to a main foyer. For this reason I specifically requested a room with an exterior window and preferably with a balcony. I saw the rooms at the hotel with the interior windows and I definately wouldn't want one of these.

More on the budget side is the Hotel Bahia.
Hotel Bahia

I've never stayed there but it is in a great location just off the main square. I took a look at the lobby this year and it seemed quite nice - definately more of a budget option than the first 2 but clean and comforable looking.

#8960 - 07/25/06 05:51 AM Re: Hostels in Cadiz
shabba53 Offline

I'm specifically looking for hostels, but thanks for the info on the hotels! Bahia was one I was looking at earlier. Anyone else have any ideas?

#8961 - 07/25/06 05:46 PM Re: Hostels in Cadiz
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
There are about 2 hostels (called "hostales" in Spain/Spanish) and 1 youth hostel (called "albergues juveniles") in Cadiz CITY which have websites. You'll find links to them at http://www.SpainHostels.com/links/Andalucia/Cadiz/Cadiz/ but I haven't read any reviews of any of them yet.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8962 - 07/26/06 08:19 AM Re: Hostels in Cadiz
shabba53 Offline

Thanks! Those are the ones I've run acrosss as well. The only one I've heard anything about is QuoQadis, but, unffortunately, their website isn't there anymore!

Back to my search!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments