Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#89703 - 05/23/11 06:02 PM Re: Suggestions for Day Trips from Madrid [Re: Bill from NYC]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Tim Parfitt's A Load of Bull and Driving Over Lemons- both laugh aloud books

#90007 - 09/18/11 04:26 PM Re: Suggestions for Day Trips from Madrid [Re: Bill from NYC]
OurManInBananas Offline

how about Cercadillas, Navacerrado, and some hills arou nd Los Cotos easilly accessible by Suburban buses 685 and 691 or Cercanias Line C9?

#91302 - 07/11/12 10:49 AM Re: Suggestions for Day Trips from Madrid [Re: OurManInBananas]
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City

FYI

Last week on Trip Advisor someone said that Valle de los Caídos is now reopen to the public.

"The Valle de los Caídos reopened on June 1st.

Tuesday to Sunday (in summertime) from 10am to 6.30pm. Monday closed. Ticket: € 5. Wednesday: free admission day. The cafetería still remains closed."

So this is back on my list of things to do for my Madrid October visit. If anyone goes between now and before I go in October please let me know how your visit was.

#91309 - 07/12/12 04:43 PM Re: Suggestions for Day Trips from Madrid [Re: Bill from NYC]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
no it reopen from june ;yes. There is a movement out to close it but it seems was left with the old govt.

#91311 - 07/12/12 06:36 PM Re: Suggestions for Day Trips from Madrid [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Bill , I went there with MM , a Madrileno and his Danish friend on a rainy and , when we got upto the mountains , icey day . It was fabulous . Unmissable for all that travel into Madrid . But take your pasport or ID card . The gates are manned by Government guys that check who you are .

#91312 - 07/12/12 06:41 PM Re: Suggestions for Day Trips from Madrid [Re: Bill from NYC]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Originally Posted By Bill from NYC

FYI
Last week on Trip Advisor someone said that Valle de los Caídos is now reopen to the public.
"The Valle de los Caídos reopened on June 1st.

Yup. We reported that here about a year ago.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments