MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#89553 - 04/30/11 06:19 AM Paris visitors, the Aussies are coming
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Well over the years met many interesting folks in the travel forums, and that includes MadridMan site.

Now I am meeting 19 Australian in Paris on May 8th for dinner, and I will be the invited guest of honor wow!!!

We will definitively do it right at the place, and lots of rugby talk ::)
Cheers mates!

#89554 - 04/30/11 01:11 PM Re: Paris visitors, the Aussies are coming [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
OMG ... I'm going to be VERY interested in your report from that evening .. The Aussies love to party hard . I like them a lot ( except when we're playing rugby ! ) Jejejejejeje . Allez les Bleus !

#89555 - 04/30/11 01:20 PM Re: Paris visitors, the Aussies are coming [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
The Aussies are coming! The Aussies are coming! eek Remind me to pack my riot gear before flying to Paris next month. (just kidding)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89556 - 05/01/11 01:50 AM Re: Paris visitors, the Aussies are coming [Re: MadridMan]
Losaustrias Offline

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Dear Madridman,
Do you know many Australians?, how are they?

Edited by Losaustrias (05/01/11 02:02 AM)

#89557 - 05/01/11 05:33 AM Re: Paris visitors, the Aussies are coming [Re: Losaustrias]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I have 2 sets of family in Australia ( Canberra and South Australia )... it looks a beautiful country . Everytime i've been to big rugby games between Australia and England in England the Aussies are always joking and drinking and loud . They love having a good time in the pubs and , for the rugby fans , no violence at all . Same with the New Zealanders , South Africans , French , Italians , Irish etc.....

#89558 - 05/01/11 07:33 AM Re: Paris visitors, the Aussies are coming [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

I know many Australians from business contacts but never been to Australia; they have always tented me but so far not possible. I will need to go one of these days.
here they have many expats and they organise meetings in popular expats bars I mentioned them all in my entry post in my blog.
The rugby is in their blood or is it something else ? Indeed, Steve, been to many rugby matches here in local bars and the party is hard but the behavior is better than at the football games. Its all sharing and cheers, we buy each others pints all the time.
so this time I am will be prepared ::)

#89559 - 05/01/11 07:34 AM Re: Paris visitors, the Aussies are coming [Re: pedmar]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

I must add these are already friends online of many years, and finally we are going to meet in Paris, so it will be very special to finally meet folks you have exchange in good fun over the years.I am really looking forward to it.

#89573 - 05/02/11 07:01 PM Re: Paris visitors, the Aussies are coming [Re: pedmar]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I lived in Australia for five years way back when - wonderful country and a great bunch of people. I was really lucky - my job took me from one end of the country to the other including the outback so I got to see and experience it all.

If anyone gets the chance or can scare up the astonomical airfare - it's a must. Incrediably beautiful country - and yep, no one parties as long, as hard and as well behaved as the Aussies!

Edited by Puna (05/02/11 07:02 PM)

#89576 - 05/03/11 06:23 AM Re: Paris visitors, the Aussies are coming [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

I have another contact and they are as eager as me to meet , counting the hours to this Sunday May 8th. Which is Victory Day here as the anniversary of the end of WWII in 1945. As it falls on a Sunday no holiday on Monday for the Frenchies hehehehe got to work mes amis. I am going there at the end as I am now in Vannes, Gulf of Morbihan, Brittany.
Cheers mates

#89618 - 05/09/11 06:57 AM Re: Paris visitors, the Aussies are coming [Re: pedmar]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Well the get together was fantastic, 20 Aussies all cheering and the servers breaking dishes, too nervous we were loud ::)
Great time was spent with online friends that now are just friends, they took them 30 hrs to reach Paris, and were very eager to get going on their trip of France by minibus.
It is always great to meet folks you share so many travel adventures.
cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments