Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8947 - 07/02/06 02:10 PM Madrid: Hostal Acapulco
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
My family and I just stayed at the Hostal Acapulco for 3 nights this past week and I thought I would pass along our experiences for those thinking of staying there in the near future.

I would agree with past posts that the staff is very nice and helpful. The location on the Plaza del Carmen, very close to the Puerta del Sol is also fabulous. It is very clean and there is free internet access in the main room. Those are the good things...and they are very good.

Unfortunately because of our experience there, we would not return. There was construction right out our door, on the balcony (so no view of the Plaza), and the construction work including the banging made it impossible to take a siesta or to sleep later than 8 am.

The tv was programmed so that the volume would not be too loud, so it was difficult to hear it with the noises.

The most unfortunate part was that the aire conditioning was not working in our room, and although we had 2 fans, it was very warm and uncomfortable at night. They were unable to give us another room, although I had booked our room over 2 months ago. When we left, they gave us a 15% discount on the room, so our room for 3 cost us 186 Euros for 3 nights.

Hope this helps others plan accordingly.

#8948 - 07/02/06 03:57 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Acapulco
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
Thats too bad .. all those little things are small but they can be very inconvenient when you are trying to enjoy yourself! At least they gave you a discount!

#8949 - 07/03/06 09:22 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Acapulco
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I am very sorry to have read that your stay at Hostal Acapulco did not work out for your family and you. frown

Bill

#8950 - 07/13/06 09:08 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Acapulco
Madrid in May Offline

Loc: USA
My wife and I stayed at the Hostal Acapulco in May, and had a great experience. The room was lovely, the people super-friendly (especially Marco), and the location great. We would definitely go back there.

I agree that the construction made the Plaza less than ideal...but that can happen in almost any spot in Madrid...they are always working on stuff.
We tend to rise early, so the noise didn't bother us...and the double-pane glass kept most of the noise out.

#8951 - 07/14/06 12:19 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Acapulco
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Unfortunately hammering banging along with the regular blasting of car horns, particularly after 11 at night is all part and parcel of the being in Madrid. A local once commented to me about how sick everyone is of the constant renovations and construction going on. I've been here 4 months know and I have to agree it gets tiring after a while.

As to A/C when booking a room its best to ask, A/C is the exception rather than the rule, this is pretty much true anywhere in Europe.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments