Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89425 - 04/08/11 12:23 PM Where to get a high pressure Plumbers plunger?
OurManInBananas Offline

Hi,

We have a seriously properly blocked drain in our 13th floor apartment kitchen sink...

And before shelling out 100 euros callout fee to a Polish Plumber, we would like to try and solve the problem ourselves...

So where can we get one of these proper plungers please:

Silverline Drain unblocker blast Wastepipe MS138 on Ebay UK
Silverline Darain Ublocker Blast Waterpipe MS138 on Amazon UK

Or do I need to order one from Amazon or eBay in the UK?
Would the Carrefour Hypermarket carry something like this?
What are they called in Spanish?

thanks
Philip

#89426 - 04/08/11 12:58 PM Re: Where to get a high pressure Plumbers plunger? [Re: OurManInBananas]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Do they have Drano in Spain?

#89427 - 04/08/11 01:00 PM Re: Where to get a high pressure Plumbers plunger? [Re: teachertraveler8]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
I think your best bet would be a hardware store, Ferreteria in Spanish

#89428 - 04/08/11 02:46 PM Re: Where to get a high pressure Plumbers plunger? [Re: eskimo joe]
OurManInBananas Offline

thanks, does anyone know what they're called in Spanish?

#89429 - 04/09/11 04:33 AM Re: Where to get a high pressure Plumbers plunger? [Re: OurManInBananas]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
At least here in Madrid (and in all major Spanish cities, I'm sure), there are both the general hardware stores (called "Ferreterías") as well as plumbing and bathroom/kitchen fixtures/accessories stores called "Fontanerías". The latter would be my best bet to find something like that. As for what they're called in Spanish, I have no idea - but will try to find out and let you know later.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89430 - 04/09/11 05:03 AM Re: Where to get a high pressure Plumbers plunger? [Re: MadridMan]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Pour in the sink, bicarbonate and vinager,then water boiling, sometime it works!

#89432 - 04/09/11 07:13 AM Re: Where to get a high pressure Plumbers plunger? [Re: jazz]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
its call a "desatascador" in Spanish (Spain).And you should find it in fontanerias or ferreterias all over in Madrid. You can look them up in paginas amarillas phone directory.
hope it helps

#89442 - 04/10/11 05:13 PM Re: Where to get a high pressure Plumbers plunger? [Re: pedmar]
OurManInBananas Offline

thanks everyone...

#89463 - 04/16/11 11:36 AM Re: Where to get a high pressure Plumbers plunger? [Re: OurManInBananas]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Have you had any lucky yet finding one here in Madrid?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89475 - 04/17/11 07:18 PM Re: Where to get a high pressure Plumbers plunger? [Re: MadridMan]
OurManInBananas Offline

no, in the end I ordered one from the UK - in Madrid online at sites like ciao.es the prices were just stupid...even for cheap basic ones!

cheaper to order a decent quality one from Amazon or Ebay UK and have it shipped over...did the job in seconds !

Philip

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments