Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8938 - 06/24/06 10:44 AM Madrid: hostal dolce vita and hostal nuria
Mike F Offline

Loc: Washington DC
Hi,
I've been checking both of these hostals out on various websites and was wondering if anyone had any feedback about either of these places.
Thanks....

#8939 - 06/25/06 06:18 AM Re: Madrid: hostal dolce vita and hostal nuria
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hostal Nuria & Hospedaje Dolce Vita are practically "equidistant" to Puerta del Sol/Plaza Mayor and both rather close to the Plaza de Chueca. I'm liking this area more and more. Very happening and MUCH improved in safety and "cleanliness" in the last 10-15 years.

Are you going this summer? If so, it seems that Hospedaje Dolce Vita DOES NOT have air conditioning but Hostal Nuria does in "most of its rooms". This should be a serious consideration when choose a room in the summer.

Have you conducted a SEARCH on this message board (and others). Make the search simple, using keywords like MADRID NURIA or MADRID DOLCE. If you do stay at one of these place (or other), we - and future travelers - would appreciate your own personal review. Thanks and good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8940 - 06/26/06 03:58 AM Re: Madrid: hostal dolce vita and hostal nuria
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I stayed at hostal Nuria the 1st time we went to Madrid, it was ok, not luxury by any means, in fact very basic, and the toilets/washing room was not very nice, but it was fine for what we wanted, i.e a place to leave our bags and to sleep in. two of our party wanted to leave as soon as we got there because it was so basic, but we managed to eprsuade them to stay. They wouldn't stay agin though, but they are used to hotels. We ate in the dining room, which was ok, but only had breakfast one morning and saw the pamplona bull run on TV there. The people there seemed friendly enough.
We had to be out of the room every day by about 10/11am I think so that the cleaner could come in. (Not great when you didn't get back until the early hours!!)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments