MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#88026 - 08/08/10 07:24 AM Re: Madrid: AeroCity Shuttle? [Re: esperanza]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Nice, thanks for the update esperanza. Something to think about when going with my gang, as alone I use the metro. Cheers

#88028 - 08/08/10 08:32 AM Re: Madrid: AeroCity Shuttle? [Re: pedmar]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Really glad to hear that Esperanza, as I have used Aerocity often and always been pleased. SO much easier than dealing with Metro or cabs - depending on amount of luggage!
Thanks for the update!

#88035 - 08/09/10 03:26 AM Re: Madrid: AeroCity Shuttle? [Re: Puna]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That is good news, esperanza. Thanks for the feedback - which is the first we've had on Aerocity in a good while. thumbsup

You were going to two different terminals, eh? Should I/we assume one of you two went to T4? Or did one go to, say, Terminal 1 and the other go to Terminal 2? And did you pay up front when you boarded the van with your luggage? Sorry for so many silly (?) questions but logistics interest me. Maybe I should've been an air traffic controller. wink

Regardless of all of the above, glad you made it home safe and sound.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88048 - 08/11/10 12:35 PM Re: Madrid: AeroCity Shuttle? [Re: MadridMan]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
Used Aerocity a few times without too much problems , they even didnt have any problems taking my bike bag.
The only problem I have had with them , was when we came last year with our 1 year old , we told them her age and size , but when we went to get on the bus the only baby seats they had was for toddlers the forward facing kind , so the seat w`s no use.

When we come next month with a 4 month and a 2 year old , im just going to leave our bags at left luggage at the airport and take the metro back into town, then go back for the bags myself later on.

#88049 - 08/11/10 04:19 PM Re: Madrid: AeroCity Shuttle? [Re: eskimo joe]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Well to answer you questions: I was leaving from Terminal 4 and my daughter left from Terminal 1. I was let off first and I paid the driver at that point, and then he dropped my daughter off after that. It was 34 euros and I gave him 3 euros as a tip (I have no idea if that was fair??) He was very nice and helped me get the luggage on a cart.

#88351 - 10/07/10 09:43 AM Re: Madrid: AeroCity Shuttle? [Re: esperanza]
dannyr11 Offline

I've just booked this online with my credit card today for pickup from the airport on Saturday (9th). I've not had any sort of confirmation from them though. Anyone know how long it usually takes and whether the payment comes off my credit card or whether we pay the driver?

#88355 - 10/07/10 03:37 PM Re: Madrid: AeroCity Shuttle? [Re: dannyr11]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Nothing was sent to your email account, the one use used when you made the booking?

May I ask if you booked with Aerocity directly through their website or through a booking agency? If the latter, I don't know. If the former, I'd think a confirmation would be sent to you via email. And if you paid/reserved with your credit card it stands to reason that your credit card was charged already. Can you call them (your credit card company) or look at your statement online? Don't pay the driver unless you have some reason to believe that you should.

If I were you, I'd send Aerocity an email RIGHT NOW, asking them this very question - and hope they respond to you immediately - since you're leaving from the U.K. (doh! let the cat out of the bag!) in just two days.

And if all else fails, just go to the Aerocity counter at the airport and tell them your story. If they don't have you on the reserved list they'll still make room for you - although you may have to wait until the next (shared) shuttle. Still, this doesn't guarantee you that you won't be charged first by your credit card company (if you can't contact them to see) and then, again, by Aerocity.

Please do let us all know how it pans out. I am curious!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88360 - 10/08/10 06:22 AM Re: Madrid: AeroCity Shuttle? [Re: MadridMan]
dannyr11 Offline

Thanks for the reply.

I booked with aerocity's website and have now received the confirmation e-mail, it came late last night and it includes a printable booking confirmation so I'm much happier now.

My card hasn't been charged and on the booking it says the amount is to be paid in cash so I assume the credit card is just to guarantee the booking and they will charge it if you don't turn up.

Just need someone to sort the weather out now as its forecast heavy rain all weekend :-(

#88364 - 10/08/10 06:25 PM Re: Madrid: AeroCity Shuttle? [Re: dannyr11]
Silver Traveler Offline

Loc: LaGrange (Near Atlanta) Georgi...
Danny - I have used aerocity several times in the past, each time using the credit card as you apparently did. Each time I actually was asked to pay in cash when I got to the ticket counter, and the credit card was not charged...apparently it is used as a guarantee. This next trip I plan to use the new express bus as it will be going to my destination.

#89341 - 03/26/11 07:05 PM Re: Madrid: AeroCity Shuttle? [Re: ]
natasha 109 Offline

I have used Aerocity for the past 6 or 7 years and have been very pleased. I made reservations online for transport from Barajas to hotel and back again for a return date(which I confirm at the airport before heading to my hotel after my arrival in Madrid).

It is important for people to know that your driver may stop to drop off and/or to pick up other passengers en route. It is sometimes nerve wracking when we are waiting for someone to be picked up en our return to airport and the customer is not there or is not yet ready. However, I found that the driver does not wait long before heading out (many times without the "pick up"--for which he has called his supervisor to report that he was unable to locate customer, etc.). The driver seems well aware of their time constraints. So, be ready for your pick up!

I have reserved through their web site and requested a quote for transport. A response to my email followed within the business day.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments