Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#89199 - 03/04/11 07:05 PM What are you most favorite things about Madrid?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I have a project and would really love to get MMers feedback here - I'm compiling a list of the absolute best things to do, see, experience, buy, etc. in our favorite city and figured you might all chime in. I know each of you love Madrid as much as I do - so share that love! On the board or if your shy - a personal message works. Thanks all! Puna

Edited by Puna (03/04/11 07:06 PM)

#89200 - 03/05/11 03:32 AM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: Puna]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid

#89208 - 03/07/11 09:32 AM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: jazz]
GorgonaMedussa Offline

Well, as a native, I would have to say that going to the Retiro Park is one of the best things to do. Specially in Spring or summer, and when the Book Fair is taking place (first weeks of june). Awesome!

#89210 - 03/07/11 04:51 PM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: GorgonaMedussa]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Thanks GogonaMedussa and Jazz - Board Members, keep the comments coming please. I really appreicate your feedback here!
Pun a

#89211 - 03/08/11 02:10 AM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: Puna]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
After going up to the rooftop of El Circulo de Bellas Artes I'd have to vote for that. And at 2 Euros and the views they offer, I'd say it's a must-do.

I also like to recommend the Teleférico between Argüelles/Parque del Oeste and the Casa de Campo, crossing over the Río Manzanares for some nice views.

Along the same lines, when it finally re-opens in September after years of renovations, going up to the observation deck of El Faro de Moncloa will offer good views too.

As for things to buy, well, even when I came to Madrid as a visitor I never bought anything to take back. I guess a Spanish fan (one of the good, Spanish-made ones, not the ones from China) would be a good gift, though.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89216 - 03/08/11 07:58 AM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: MadridMan]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Thanks MM - that is truly an insider's view! You're a true native after 5+ years smile

#89218 - 03/08/11 10:08 AM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: Puna]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I love going to cafes and drinking Spanish wine. I have met some interesting people there. I love walking through the old town and seeing the deep history. I love being able to wander the streets at any hour of the day or night and feel safe. After my last visit, I enjoyed the soccer games and tours of the stadium. I am also a fan of bullfighting, so that is one of the Spanish experiences. I can't wait to return.

#89230 - 03/09/11 09:57 AM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: teachertraveler8]
GorgonaMedussa Offline

Has anyone visited the Jardín Botánico? It's right beside El Prado, but it's like one of the forgotten places to visit. I would suggest going there in late Spring as it's all in bloom and walking around is so pretty and charming.
Of course, a very romantic place too.

#89235 - 03/09/11 06:43 PM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: GorgonaMedussa]
Yankaluz Offline

Loc: SoCal, USA
I cant add a single thing that has not been mentioned already, they are all excellent. I cant emphasize the simple strolling around the El Centro and getting into churches and historical bldgs as they come up.

the parque retiro is s must.

#89238 - 03/09/11 07:12 PM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: Yankaluz]
natasha 109 Offline

The Jardines de Sabatini at sunset!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments