MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#89194 - 03/04/11 11:58 AM Austin Bice:Madrid's Missing San Diego St. Student
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Has there been much in the news about the student from San Diego State who went missing in Madrid last week?

Edited by MadridMan (03/09/11 07:18 AM)
Edit Reason: to clarify the topic

#89196 - 03/04/11 03:08 PM Re: Missing San Diego State student [Re: teachertraveler8]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
This is very strange!I hope you find him

#89197 - 03/04/11 03:09 PM Re: Missing San Diego State student [Re: teachertraveler8]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Of course, here in San Diego this is really big news. I hope that he is found safe.

How about in Madrid?

#89198 - 03/04/11 06:19 PM Re: Missing San Diego State student [Re: laduque]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I haven't seen anything about it in the local news - but then I don't watch it much, either. I've seen quite a bit about it on Facebook, however. My guess is that if he hasn't been found in the week since he went missing he's probably a John Doe somewhere. At least if he would've fallen into the river they would've found the body by now.

I'd like to know more about WHO was with him when the door-staff denied him entry to "La Riviera" which is right next to the Puente de Segovia and the Río Manzanares. Surely it wasn't the door staff who gave the report that he was too drunk to be admitted inside for the concert. But maybe so.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89204 - 03/06/11 12:07 PM Re: Missing San Diego State student [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Reuters Video: "Search On for Missing U.S. Student" @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2-Vvo1kTR0
(embedding of this video was disabled by Reuters)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89206 - 03/06/11 12:29 PM Re: Missing San Diego State student [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
La riviera for reasons of security in the past is now very strict on letting you in, not before was easy. They had quite a few incidents there. The young in my family have stop going there.

they guy seems ok but if found the wrong kind then so sorry this happenend I just realise this is all over the news online.

Edited by MadridMan (03/06/11 12:58 PM)
Edit Reason: to embed the video into message.

#89207 - 03/07/11 09:21 AM Re: Missing San Diego State student [Re: pedmar]
GorgonaMedussa Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi! I would like to say hello to everybody as I'm new here. Regarding this missing boy, I haven't seen much on the news. Just a brief note in some national newspaper, but saying very little about it.
It said he was very big and tall, he was drunk, and he was left alone by his friends when they went into the disco and he was denied the entrance.

#89214 - 03/08/11 06:27 AM Re: Missing San Diego State student [Re: GorgonaMedussa]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
His body was found in the river. How tragic. My prayers go out to his friends and family.

#89215 - 03/08/11 07:55 AM Re: Missing San Diego State student [Re: teachertraveler8]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Mine as well teachertraveler8 - terribly sad ending to what should have been the best year of his life.

#89219 - 03/08/11 02:32 PM Re: Missing San Diego State student [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Originally Posted By MadridMan
My guess is that if he hasn't been found in the week since he went missing he's probably a John Doe somewhere. At least if he would've fallen into the river they would've found the body by now.

Well, he was found today in the river. I just read the article on ElPais (video too).

Today I crossed over the Manzanares River twice by bus over the Puente de Segovia and they had the water nearly totally drained to the bottom and a couple official-looking cars and reflective-vest-wearing guys looking over the edge. I really thought, "Uh-oh. They must be looking for the San Diego State student." But I also thought they might be doing some maintenance on the river, dredging it, or something such as that.

That's a shame, really.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments