Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89161 - 02/22/11 01:37 PM renfe train web specials
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I am traveling to Seville for Semana Santa and last week, I purchased the first leg of my train fare for only 33 euros (web fare). Yesterday, the second leg became available, but there are no specials. It is on Easter Sunday. Does anyone know if renfe offers special web fares on Easter? I checked other Sundays and there are specials available. I do have to buy it at some point, but it would be great not to pay full price.

Thanks!

#89162 - 02/22/11 02:37 PM Re: renfe train web specials [Re: teachertraveler8]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
33€ is a good fare.But probably not find web fare on easter sunday. There is tickets to 83,30€ and some 65,30€ I would buy it, but yourself!Luck.

#89163 - 02/22/11 03:50 PM Re: renfe train web specials [Re: jazz]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm sure RENFE will offer "special fares" on Easter Sunday - e-SPECIALLY EXPENSIVE! wink hehehe.. Sorry. Yeah, don't get your hopes for finding deals for Easter Sunday. Plus, there's the possibility that they've already sold out their allotment of special Web fares for Easter Sunday - they were probably sold in the first hours after going up.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89166 - 02/22/11 05:32 PM Re: renfe train web specials [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

You are so amusing, Madridman. If Renfe posts at midnight 60 days in advance, as I have read, then I was there withing the first 30 minutes. I have been a renfe stalker these past few weeks and it seems like there were no fares. A hopeful poster on Frommers told me that there may be something in the coming days. Otherwise, it will be full fare for me. Oh well. win some lose some.

#89170 - 02/22/11 10:48 PM Re: renfe train web specials [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

If you're stopping in Madrid, hope you'll look me up!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89171 - 02/23/11 06:27 AM Re: renfe train web specials [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

What is the difference between an Ave and an Alvia train besides 15 minutes and 17 euros?

#89172 - 02/23/11 08:49 AM Re: renfe train web specials [Re: teachertraveler8]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Inside AVE, tourist class

Inside ALVIA

#89173 - 02/23/11 08:49 AM Re: renfe train web specials [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Originally Posted By teachertraveler8
What is the difference between an Ave and an Alvia train besides 15 minutes and 17 euros?

I think you just answered your own question. The slower the train, the cheaper it is. Check out Spain's fleet of trains HERE.

If you have the opportunity to choose your train - and at an hour which is acceptable to you, I say go with the Alvia - unless your time is worth 1€ per minute!

Here's the train list below from the fastest trains at the top and the slowest at the bottom. I think it's also safe to assume the higher the "series" number the faster the train goes within a given class (with the exception of the "trenhotel", I'd guess):
Quote:
* Ave Series 100
* Ave Series 102 / 112
* Ave Series 103
* Alaris Series 490
* Alvia Series 120
* Alvia Series 130
* Euromed

* Avant S-104
* Avant S-114
* Avant S-121
* Media Distancia R-448
* Media Distancia R-449
* Media Distancia R-470
* Media Distancia R-592
* Media Distancia R-594
* Media Distancia R-598
* Media Distancia R-599

* Civia
* Cercanías 442
* Cercanías 446
* Cercanías 447
* Cercanías 450
* Trenhotel
* Mercancías S253

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 754 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments