Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#89052 - 02/01/11 01:25 PM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England . [Re: steve robinson]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Our hearts are with you, Steve ... it's a tough transition no matter how much you weighed the pros & cons before making the final decision.

#89055 - 02/01/11 10:07 PM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England . [Re: Puna]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Steve,

Very sad to hear your predicament. It seems like so many of my friends are having a rough go at it right now.

I wish you all the best for the future. May you strike it rich in the next 10 to 20 years and live the rest of your natural life in Madrid.

Edited by gazpacho (02/01/11 10:09 PM)

#89063 - 02/03/11 11:02 AM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England . [Re: gazpacho]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
Steve, I know it was sad yesterday, but i hope there was not frustration to add to the day. Will you base in London?

#89064 - 02/03/11 11:33 AM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England . [Re: jacmom]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
FYI: Steve is now without internet connection and telephone so he won't likely read your comments until after having returned to England on the 12th - but keep them coming! He'll be happy to find them later.

Had drinks Steve and Esperanza's husband last night in Plaza de Santa Ana and then dinner in Huertas. Steve, naturally, talked a lot about closing the chapter on this part of his life. We all wish you the best, buddy!

The below RIGHT photo was taken last summer, meeting up with message board member laduque. The below LEFT photo is Steve in the players "box" in the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium. message board member teachertraveler8, her son & I took the Real Madrid tour too. (isn't that a great photo of Steve?!)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89065 - 02/03/11 02:10 PM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England . [Re: MadridMan]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I wish I could have been with you guys last night. I feel very badly for Steve right now. It is a difficult moment. I love the photos you posted, MM, especially nice is the one of Steve alone. I am also happy to see a photo of you guys last night. It sounds like it was a good evening. Thanks for posting them.

#89070 - 02/03/11 03:32 PM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England . [Re: esperanza]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

You can catch a glimpse of Steve and Tom (Esperanza's husband) in the video I took last night of the "Quemada" at Taberna Maceiras. You'll see them as I pan left after the lights turn on. Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89071 - 02/03/11 09:49 PM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England . [Re: MadridMan]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I love the pictures! That was such a memorable day last summer! We had so much fun discovering old and new places together. MM, may i please have a copy of that photo for my own album? Send me a private email with it!

Steve, I will miss you next summer, mi amigo! Stay well, be strong, and always keep Madrid in your heart!

#89077 - 02/06/11 11:57 AM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England . [Re: laduque]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Thanks for letting us know about the lack of internet for Steve. I did ask him a question on his trade that maybe I could help. Maybe thats why he has not responded.

Great shots thus, and I still looking forward to seeing you guys and Steve in Madrid again or elsewhere. I just came back from one of his favorite spots Bananas in Luxembourg city.

#89085 - 02/09/11 11:53 AM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England . [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Steve and I had a nice lunch at El Botín yesterday - both had the cochinillo, then a drink on the terraza at Plaza de Chueca, then we went up to the rooftop landing of the Circulo de Bellas Artes for some great Madrid views. After that, we had one last drink and their famous croquets at the historic Bar Manoloa behind the Teatro de la Zarzuela. It was another great outing with Steve. I'll miss them and I'll miss him.

Saludos, MadridMan

#89094 - 02/11/11 04:45 AM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England . [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Went out with Steve on Wednesday night for raciones ("chopitos", "patatas bravas", "rabo de toro", "boquerones fritos") and wine at 3 different places near Las Ventas. He seems to be holding up pretty well, all things considered.

I'm honored to be taking him tomorrow morning to Madrid Barajas Airport for his flight back to England. I WISH he would have good, welcoming weather but I see it'll be raining and cold-ish throughout the weekend where he's going. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments