Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#88831 - 01/02/11 03:23 PM Re: February travel suggestions - Cadiz? [Re: Puna]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
When it was just me and the wife, we always hired a mini, its the perfect car for the Spanish medieval streets

#88833 - 01/03/11 09:40 AM Re: February travel suggestions - Cadiz? [Re: Puna]
Quevedo Offline

Loc: New York City
Thanks for the advice, Puma. I looked at a map of the city and can see 5 or 6 parking garages noted. I am thinking about staying in the old section and parking outside the area in one of those garages - but also taking day trips with the car as well.

Day trip question: I plan to go to on the road from Cadiz to some of the nearby towns for a few hours each day. Is Jerez a day-trip type of town or is it worth a complete day and overnight stay? Any experiences or opinions?

#88834 - 01/03/11 09:42 AM Re: February travel suggestions - Cadiz? [Re: Quevedo]
Quevedo Offline

... keep writing "Puma" .. mean "Puna" ... sorry!

#88838 - 01/04/11 10:57 AM Re: February travel suggestions - Cadiz? [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
it depends how use you are of driving in cities, to me its the best travel. I always use parking garages underground. you should know Cadiz is tight so spaces are limited, my best have been a while back by the plaza de la Hispanidad area. You can always contact the tourist office and ask them where is best to park a car today.
http://www.cadiz.es/Category/turismo/oficinas-de-turismo/547
hope it helps

#88844 - 01/05/11 05:10 AM Re: February travel suggestions - Cadiz? [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Quevedo .. I would suggest that Jerez de la frontera is an easy day trip as it´s only 37km from Cádiz . But I have read that Jerez is a nightmare to park in and that you should definitely use the underground parking for which you´ll have to pay . Apparently the police in Jerez are very happy to tow cars away that are parked illegaly , so be careful !
Also if you don´t mind a longer drive you could go over the border into Portugal . Very near the border is a beautiful medium sized town called Tavira . Very Portuguese ! My cousin lives there and i´m planning on going there for summer .( I´ve been 3 times already )
If you decided on going to Tavira then that would be a full day and you´d probably have to stay overnight .

#88846 - 01/05/11 09:13 AM Re: February travel suggestions - Cadiz? [Re: steve robinson]
Quevedo Offline

Thanks, Steve! I am going to be very careful about parking. I have been in too many tight spots in Spanish cities to take risks. Underground parking is the way to go. Let me look at Tavira on the map - thanks for the idea!

#88924 - 01/17/11 06:01 PM Re: February travel suggestions - Cadiz? [Re: Quevedo]
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Quevedo,
if you've never been to Seville or Córdoba, I'd definitely suggest those cities, simply wonderful, perfect to relax and enjoy all senses.

#88939 - 01/21/11 02:12 PM Re: February travel suggestions - Cadiz? [Re: Valenciano_en_Madrid]
Quevedo Offline

Thanks! I have been to both and love them. I plan to spend a couple of days in Sevilla before heading to Cadiz this time. I appreciate your suggestion!!

#88940 - 01/21/11 02:49 PM Re: February travel suggestions - Cadiz? [Re: Quevedo]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
By the way , the iconic Spanish singer Rocío Jurado who was married to a famous bullfighter ( Ortega Cano ) and died of cancer some years ago will have a museum opened in Cádiz in March of this year . I´m not sure exactly when . Rocío Jurado did a concert , her last, when she was diagnosed with cancer and was joined by very famous Spanish and Latino singers . You can buy it on DVD . She´s very Spanish , vey dramatic and it was an emotional concert . The museum is called , simply , El Museo Rocío Jurado .

#88941 - 01/21/11 03:32 PM Re: February travel suggestions - Cadiz? [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
but of course Rocio Jurado is a grand dame of Spain. She is from Chipiona near Cadiz, so with a museum going to Cadiz will be a lot more worth it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments