Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8882 - 05/09/06 09:45 PM Pamplona: Pension Mayte
LeoB Offline

Loc: Tallahassee
Hi All/Hola:

I'm finally realizing a lifelong dream of going to Pamplona during San Fermin. It took me longer than I expected to find a place to stay and after seeing "Pension Mayte" (web: http://www.pensionmayte.com/ ) advertised in the SanFermin.com website and here, I was able to get a room. I can't seem to find a review for it on the net, has anybody stayed in it before? Also, can anybody advise me on the wisdom of going to Ibiza? I was thinking about going for a day or two after going to Barcelona (where I'll be after Pamplona). Sorry for all the questions!

Leo

#8883 - 05/10/06 02:45 AM Re: Pamplona: Pension Mayte
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello LeoB! And welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board.

Pensión Mayte was added to the Pamplona Hostels page of MadridMan.com on February 6, 2006. The Pensión Mayte website is practically brand new. For this reason, I imagine, there are few/no reviews of this establishment yet.

It's located around the University Hospital Complex, just outside of the Old Part of Pamplona but still a walking distance to all the sights. This might actually be the best option as you're MORE LIKELY to be able to sleep when you want to and not be bothered by the partiers in old downtown. I'm actually amazed you found ANYTHING! Did you pay double/triple the regular rate?

Regarding Ibiza, are you asking about lodging there? If not, check the "Favorite Places" forum category for information there. I don't think there's much. You could post a new thread there asking for input.

Good luck and have fun! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8884 - 05/10/06 09:23 AM Re: Pamplona: Pension Mayte
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
You're going to los San Fermines, by far the wildest most out of control party I've ever experienced. Believe me, it doesn't make a difference if the hotel is great or crap, because you won't be spending much time there other than to drop your bags and stick your head under a shower from time to time. Just be thankful that you found SOMETHING, a huge number of party goers just crash in the park.

As for the "wisdom" of going to Ibiza....were I your liver I'd advise against it, after Pamplona!

#8885 - 05/10/06 10:04 AM Re: Pamplona: Pension Mayte
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
LeoB throw caution to the wind and go to Ibiza afterwards..have the time of your life, you only live once. While you're in Barcelona if you want a day of relaxation and rest spend a day in Guell Park.

#8886 - 05/10/06 11:50 AM Re: Pamplona: Pension Mayte
LeoB Offline

Loc: Tallahassee
Hello MadridMan,Jerezano & Sallyanne
Thank you so much for the advice. I paid 100 Euros per night at Pension Mayte which seems to be the going rate on all the other places I talked to and had some availability (Otono). I believe I will be throwing caution to the wind and after a few days in San Fermin, I'll recuperate (well sort of, since my sister told me about "La marcha" on las Ramblas) in Barcelona and then hit Ibiza. I'll search the forums for a place to stay in Ibiza. Thanks again so much for the advice, I hope everybody has a great summer!

Leo

#8887 - 05/11/06 06:23 PM Re: Pamplona: Pension Mayte
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
Hey Leo. We will see you there. We are going the 7,8, and 9th. I had to call our hotel (" Hotel Albret ") on January 1 at 3:00 am U.S.A. East Coast time to get rooms.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments