Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#88735 - 12/03/10 07:36 PM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: steve robinson]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
MM - ever consider doing a El Gordo Xmas pool - we can all chip in and you can get however many tickets and split amongst the winners - see how hopeful I am ahead of time?

#88736 - 12/03/10 07:52 PM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: Puna]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Puna, that is a good idea, but I don't know how people would/could "chip in". Suggestions? PayPal or such? I did it last year for/with about 4 other friends and we won a whopping 50 Euros or something. Of course I spent like 200 Euros for the multiple tickets, though.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88754 - 12/12/10 03:11 PM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: MadridMan]
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
MM, can folks here in the US play El Gordo or is it just for residences? Also wonder how to collect the winnings. Well, i guess if you hit the big one getting there wouldn't be a problem! lol

#88755 - 12/12/10 03:30 PM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: steve robinson]
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Well, I'll be home alone this holiday season. My boys will be spending the holidays in Hawaii, staying with a group of friends for 10 days. I'll be working on Christmas & New Year's days. It sounds bleak but there's reasoning behind the madness! Go in at 4:00am off at noon, working on my weekend plus the holidays...caching! The rest of the day will be spent with my mom and family here in LA enjoying some great food. That's all I need.

#88756 - 12/12/10 04:28 PM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: OsoMajor]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Mrs. 44 and I will be spending Christmas here in Aruba. Judging by the weather in the Northeast USA, we picked a good time to stay on the island. The editor of my novels is going to be here and I look forward to showing her and her family the island local joints. Of course there will be much food and booze in the Caribbean way.

#88762 - 12/14/10 10:33 AM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: admiral44]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
OsoMajor, I'm pretty sure anyone can buy tickets online for El Gordo at http://www.elgordo.com/ . Not sure how it works, however, and if they have to mail tickets to your home. Not really sure.

I'm sad to say/know that I'll be just touching down in Madrid on the morning (and at the time of the start) of the National Lottery on December 22nd. I LOVE to watch that on TV every year and this may be the last year in its traditional "state" as the Spanish National Lottery Commission will be partially privatized by next year so there may be some visible changes then. We'll all wait and see. I didn't even buy my lottery tickets this year!!! ARGH!!!

My Christmas will be as usual, spent in Madrid with "family" and friends on holiday/vacation.

Saludos, MadridMan santa

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88776 - 12/18/10 02:26 PM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: MadridMan]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
I went online and bought a ticket, its easy to do, plus you can do it in English.
They keep hold of the ticket for you, and if you win , you can arrange a bank transfer with them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 929 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments